Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Georgia Tech coach wants to ‘dominate’ UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageNew Georgia Tech coach wants to ‘dominate’ UGA

New Georgia Tech coach Brent Key put archrival UGA on notice during his introductory press conference on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep and I want a ton of gold delivered to my back yard, not the front please !! 😀

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, we all need Tech to get better, but I don't see them dominating the Dawgs in my lifetime!

Why don't you pesky bees first just try and see if you can end a season with a winning record, eh?

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As a great man once said: "Nobody Cares".

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    cdawg92cdawg92 Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

Yeah but why not say that? What does Tech have to lose? Their pride? It’s already gone. Some y’all Uga fans need to humble yourself. I get it’s clean ole fashioned hate but even in the civil war they took Christmas off and enemies sides exchanged gifts. You can still have respect for you enemy. We have some of the most cry baby fans I seen. “Oh he said that!” “Just you wait they gonna pay for that” grow up. Go dawgs

• Options

Yeah but why not say that? What does Tech have to lose? Their pride? It’s already gone. Some y’all Uga fans need to humble yourself. I get it’s clean ole fashioned hate but even in the civil war they took Christmas off and enemies sides exchanged gifts. You can still have respect for you enemy. We have some of the most cry baby fans I seen. “Oh he said that!” “Just you wait they gonna pay for that” grow up. Go dawgs

• Options

some of our fanbase is gonna have a rude awakening when we do get our first loss one of these days. i can hear it now “fire Kirby smart he is all washed up now”

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad Brent Key got the nod. Maybe he will develop Tech into a viable team one day. His brash remark about spending 365 days a year to beat UGA means he will lose all of his games...such a waste.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

What does he have to lose? The ACC...he should be focused on the ACC since that is the majority of the games they play. Focusing on your non-conference in-state rival doesn't help you and only puts a magnifying glass on an otherwise less important game if you can't deliver.

Georgia could care less about Tech for the most part other than them being one step on the ladder. The SEC is more important. Tech is singularly focused, and that is why they are a middle of the road / gutter team.

• Options

@rxmaster I’m pretty sure that was only one part of the interview dude. I’m sure he is focused on the ACC. We would be wanting our new coach to beat Georgia tech of the shoe was on the shoe was on the other foot especially if we lost to the bees 8 years in a row. If we cared less about tech then there wouldn’t be comments about it on this page. Heck I’m ready for the rivalry to become a rivalry again. We need a strong instate rivalry and it makes us look even better. But at the end of the day it’s just a ball game. It’s not like we are at war with them sheesh lol.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@rxmaster you nailed it. That's exactly what I wanted to say. Michigan spending 365 days on Ohio State and vice versa, works for them because in all seriousness (as we have seen the past 2 years), the winner of their game practically walks into the playoffs, plus it typically means you're the Big 10 champion. Key won't be able to say that at Georgia Tech. There's no reason to have to be bombastic with his comments now, he has the job. He could have simply said something like, "We plan to win every game we play, including the one against that school in Athens." Same thing, with less hyperbole. Oh well, like everything in life, time will tell. Go Dawgs!

• Options

@DallasDawg yeah but if are the top team in the nation and tech is wanting to compete with us to win then that automatically applies to them having a winning season or making the playoffs just like Ohio state and Michigan. If you get good enough to compete with us then you are good enough to dominate your conference. We are the bar now. Besides I’m pretty sure he talked about the ACC teams in another part of the interview.

• Options
    edited December 2022

What are you a GT apologist or something ?? If you actually Read the article Coach Key was the one who went out of his way to call out UGA !! There were a multitude of things he Could have said but No he issued a direct challenge to UGA and its fans !! So what would YOU have Dawgs fans say and do ?? Apologize to him for the Dawgs kicking their butts ?? Or apologize that he has a TON of work to turn that dumpster fire into a decent program ?? Funny I don’t recall any Dawgs fan Forcing him to take the job !! In fact most Dawgs fans wished him well BEFORE and After he took the job !! AND most Dawgs fans congratulated GT for making what appears to be a pretty good hire. But Coach Key, Not Me or ANY other Dawgs fan at least that I’ve seen on This site made the decision to make the inflammatory comment. I’m old enough to remember how GT beat us more often and then scorned Dawgs fans to shame !! I also clearly remember them snatching out clumps of The Hedges after a win. So if YOU feel a need to be apologetic then You can ease on over to a GT site and cry all over them. But Please do the rest of Dawg Nation a favor, tell them you only represent YourSelf not the rest of Dawg Nation. And come next year I hope we CRUSH them Again !! There that’s as nice as I know how to be to the bugs !! I watered my comments down just for You and them. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

@cdawg92 Must be dating some little techie Gal and doesn’t want her feelings hurt Lol !! You need to tell her it was Her new Head Coach that ran his mouth. NOT Dawgs fans. Most Dawgs fans including Me showed him respect for how hard he had GT playing. If You want to you can take Her back to the comments on This site and you will See numerous, numerous comments from Dawgs fans giving Coach Key respect. And Hoping on his behalf that he Would get the job at GT. And making comments that it would be wise on the part of GT to hire him. But appears Coach Key couldn’t handle the moment in front of the cameras and media, he Just Had to take a shot at UGA. NO that’s just it, he Didn’t Have to take a shot at UGA. There were Numerous other things he Could have said. But in an effort to try to stir up a little in state recruiting He Did !! And keep in mind that’s After Kirby Smart was Very complimentary of Coach Key, Before and After the game. So if Dawgs fans are bashing on him, Hey he bought and paid for it by running his mouth !!

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

..and then he woke up from a cold sweat and realized it was all a dream.

• Options

@navydawg yeah you got me I got a GT wife lol. That’s why for sure lol. That’s the real reason. I’m being sarcastic of course. He just getting the fanbase fire up lol. As if we haven’t took shots on Alabama before or Florida my gosh lol. All I’m saying is it sounds like yalls feelings are hurt over nothing lol

• Options

@navydawg I mean you the one with you panties in a **** wining about what a coach said lol. Go army btw lol