Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media reacts to Kirby Smart not winning AP SEC Coach of the Year

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts to Kirby Smart not winning AP SEC Coach of the Year

ATHENS — Georgia coach Kirby Smart couldn’t have the Bulldogs any better than 13-0 and ranked No. 1 win the nation, but a panel of AP voters decided that wasn’t good enough to be the SEC Coach of the Year.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely, Beamer deserved it more than Heupel. UTjr should refer back to their "head-to-head" argument they used to support the idea they are better than 'bama, right?

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior

@mikegriffith32 right on cue, you find a way to put a focused dig on SBIV - in your tweet. UGA went undefeated without a lot of AP first or second team All SEC players. You seemingly criticize AP for getting Coach of the Year wrong, yet you think they got 1st/2nd Team QB right? While SBIV gets invited to Heisman Ceremony! It was really unnecessary and cheap - as usual. Why the bias? Many different posters have called you out for this related to SBIV over the last couple of years. If you were a little more self aware and honest, you’d see it. Give it some thought……

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I know who I wanted to win, and I know who did win it. Both outstanding coaching feats in the best conference in CFB. So, while I’m no Vols fan, a big “congrats” to Josh Heupel. I’ll sit back and enjoy all the SBIV accolades today, and hopefully enjoy Kirby and ALL the Dawgs’ success in January 😁🙏👏

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

People in those tweets act like CKS didn't win the SEC championship in his second year.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People who compare how fast a coach has turned around a program in the Transfer Portal times with how long it took another coach to do the same before you could just buy whatever player your team needed.

Bless their hearts... What else can you say about that.

Kirby Smart deserves COY.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby has bigger fish to fry!! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd be Kirby is much more interested in winning games than running up scores against grossly inferior opponents.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ridiculous. I guess the AP decided to throw a few bones to the wannabes this year. What Kirby has done, has never been done (even by Saban). 28 players leave your program (NFL/Transfer Portal), you don't pick up any replacements in the portal, 4 coaches leave the program, you have a former walk on as your QB, you go undeated in the SEC for 2 years, and go into the playoffs 13-0 and that's not enough?? It was between two coaches both of whom Kirby boat raced in face to face competition?? Their teams have a combined 6 losses! What the heck? Somebody call the cops, Kirby got ROBBED. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe Kirby needs to lose to teams coached by Heupel and Kelly so he can win the COY award. Obviously, beating them soundly wasn’t enough. Weird to say the least.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As for Coach Beamer: all he did was coach a far less talented team to an absolutely unbelievable 63 points against the team coached by the COY! Who was the best coach in that game? This is just too easy.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People always looking for something new and shiny.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since we’re talking about IFs, here’s one for tenn fans, IF you hadn’t got trounced by sc, you’d be in the playoffs. Instead, they are playing in the “ we both got knocked out of the playoffs by sc“ bowl vs clemson. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

I was figuring that heupel would win it. More on the pity for Hendon than anything, IMO. And definitely shouldn't have for what he did against missouri.

Kelly doesn't deserve it, any year, at any conference. Especially after what he did to ND right before cfp selection last year.

Beamer, besides Kirby, should've gotten it. Yes he had some inconsistent games and inexplicable losses, but he also wasn't expected to do what he did to 2 top 10 teams.

Kirby should've won it, point blank. He coached a 13-0 team, beat 12 of 13 by double digits and we have a walk-on qb, 2 star athlete turned into a sec star, and a TE who didn't even play his last season of HS, absolutely shredding defenses when given the opportunity. So all that "4 and 5 star" talk is for the people who obviously don't pay attention to who's actually playing.