Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tennessee receiver Jalin Hyatt says Volunteers would beat Georgia in rematch

13»

Comments

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is there a mental disease spreading through Vol nation? I have never heard of so many "if only's" from anyone, even UGA fans, after getting their arses handed to them. They just can't accept that they lost to a superior team. Vols did great, this year. But becoming an elite team does not happen in one recruiting cycle. Vol nation, you'll be back, next year. Stop obsessing on what could have been.

• Options
    senorlorenzosenorlorenzo Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What are these players supposed to say when asked if they’d win a rematch? The self-confidence necessary alone that’s required to play at the P-5 level is gonna cause any self-respecting athlete to believe they’d win. No story here except that he thinks highly enough of their offense to expect 42 against the Dawgs in a rematch? That’s pretty easy to predict considering it’s not gonna actually take place, therefore no accountability. Just pick a number that makes you feel good.

• Options
    Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

The same people who, whenever UGA has lost a game, have said practically the same thing are the ones on here laughing at Hyatt and giving themselves unearned intellectual superiority. He answered that question exactly as any player on any team should. All these people giving the young man blow-back for doing the right thing... it's embarrassing.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Hypothetical Bowl Lol !! Now that was funny right there !! 😂

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am not going to state all of the obvious, but I will say this: If you are so confident in that, UGA vs Tenn 2023. In Knoxville. Stick around for your SR season. Bet you won't. Easy to say, easy to talk trash, when you won't be around to back up those words and tote another L. At home...

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is that with Hooker or without him? With their real defense or a make-believe one?

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t fix ****

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

What are they supposed to say?

How about -

l would love the opportunity to play them again and compete. While I know UGA would do some things differently, so would we. And it would be another great opportunity to go up against the best.

That’s competitive confidence not stupidity.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Dear Jalen, I bet Bama and LSU would also like a rematch with your Vols, but it doesn’t work that way. Bless your little heart.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UlbrandtUlbrandt Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Just like their fans... still running their mouth after getting beat

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Jalen - Would'ves, could'ves, should'ves..DIDN'T! GO DAWGS

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I guess that settles it.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you wanted a rematch, you should have beaten South Carolina. GA didn't have any problems doing it-and beating TN too,

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

Let me think, mmmm beat South Carolina first, then maybe run your mouth. Not before!

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Doubt it, Jalin. Hyatt had a year of eligibility to back up his words, but decided to forego the opportunity. TN made great strides, no doubt, It makes for a more exciting/competitive game in future years as Heupel has them headed in the right direction. I live in Knoxville so I get to see the Dawgs every other year. Looking forward to another domination similar to 2003 game.