Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia lands nation-high 3 players on FWAA first-team All-American list

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia lands nation-high 3 players on FWAA first-team All-American list

ATHENS — Georgia football led the nation with three first-team FWAA All-American selections released on Friday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems about right on the first team, IMO.

I would've like to see Broderick Jones and Jamon Dumas-Johnson making the second team. I don't know enough about the OLs and LBs from other conferences that were honored, but it does seem that Georgia's selfless team approach makes it difficult for people to see how good our guys played this year.

The line has so many studs on it that Jones doesn't stand out as much as he would somewhere else. And our D is so deep and gets offenses off the field so quickly that JDJ has only 63 tackles as our leading tackler.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Awards don't get you paid in the NFL Draft, but NFL draft grades do, Travon Walker's only award was freshman All-SEC, and Won a National Championship in 2021, but he went #1 in the Draft, I'm sure he's not losing any sleep over those awards he didn't get.🤑

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats to all!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"don't know enough about the OLs and LBs from other conferences"

Lol...neither do the "Voters". They know about the players they watch, every weekend...and, that's about it.

It's practically impossible to evaluate every OL, on every team. That would be (131 teams) × (5 OL) = (655 Players)...twice as many, if we're talking DL, too.

Some "Voters" have to depend on media outlets, such as ESPN to give them an opinion they can sink their teeth into. ESPN actually elects the players with propaganda that manipulates the weak minded, "Low Football IQ", voter.

Cream always rises to the top, and peeks over the rim to expose the likes of Todd McShay and Mel Kiper.

Lol...the 2021 Burlesworth and Mackey Committee's are still wiping egg off their face.

I think what gripes my a$$, just a little more than the rest, is that, they GAVE the Bednarik, Nagasaki and Outland to a guy that DID NOT earn it,...this year. Will Anderson is a very good football player....but, not in 2022. I don't know why he played as lackadaisical and methodical as he did...but, he did.

IMO, you don't give awards to people for what they are capable of doing...rather, you reward them for what they actually achieve.