Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Justice Haynes: 5-star legacy RB makes it very clear on where he intends to play college football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageJustice Haynes: 5-star legacy RB makes it very clear on where he intends to play college football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star legacy RB Justice Haynes. The Alabama commitment ranks as the nation’s No. 3 RB and the No. 30 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Bummer that Justice is leaving our state. Hope he noticed that UGA fans were kind to him when he announced he was committing to Bama. I wish he would at least play a game with Bama fans and de-commit for a day to see if they are equally loving. Good luck Justice and we will miss you. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justice must see something that I don't see.

How anyone can essentially make the statement that Alabama is the best place to be developed, when they also have a Georgia scholarship offer makes no sense to me. Alabama is still Alabama. Saban is still the HC, but Alabama is failing in the developing players department. Especially compared to Georgia.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not being snarky at all here. It’s his life, I get that. Don’t understand Why he feels Bama is more attractive, but again he has to do what he feels he has to do. If I were Kirby & Dell I wouldn’t give up on him, But I’d have two or three alternate guys that are the best available to either get a direct commitment from Or a flip. And I’d put in As Much if not More effort on them as J. Haynes as it looks pretty dim to get him. But I’m sure Kirby and Dell are waaaay ahead of my thoughts on that Lol !! It would have been great to get Haynes but Be Assured the Dawgs will do just fine without him !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Us Dawg fans gotta stop trying to rationalize this kid's GA vs AL comparisons. Of course we know all the advantages Athens brings to developing young men, both on and off the field. But Haynes is listening to God... and until/unless God tells him something different, nothing and no one else is going to change his mind. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So much print about someone not going to come here. I dont get it.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish the young man the best. Respect the kid... it's his decision. Go Dawgs!!!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Another novella about a guy who's not coming to Georgia.

Anyway, I'm with most of you, don't really see how he could give the reason he does for choosing Bama over Georgia. I have two theories, neither of which can be substantiated, just hunches.

One, maybe the heavy rotation rubs him the wrong way. It allows for less wear and tear, but also less spotlight. If he values that latter more, that could be a reason to avoid Georgia.

Two, maybe he just doesn't want to go where his dad became something of an icon, wants to branch out. He doesn't want to say it out loud too much and give people a chance to misinterpret it as being disrespectful or ungrateful, so when asked, he gives a generic response about being developed.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 400 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia is leaps and bounds better than Alabama in almost every facet. If this kid is too stubborn to see it, then good riddance. Hope that he is Ok with not coming close to winning a Natty in his 2-3 years at Bama.

• Options
    SufferinginAtlantaSufferinginAtlanta Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

A good many young men purposely don’t go where dad went. They want a blank slate and to carve their own path. Nothing wrong with that. I’m selfish though. I want UGA to get every recruit.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You beat me to it reddawg. Old news! Tell us something we didn’t already know. The team is gearing up for a two in a row NC run and this is the best DN can do? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

I guess it's "God's will" for him to keep showing up at UGA for freebie weekends too? If I was Kirby, I would nip that in the bud.

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

I guess some of you have beat me to the punch. I have no earthly idea why are we reporting on this guy giving him attention when it's BEEN clear he doesn't want to play for GA. Give the attention to those who want to be here like Kirby said. "I only want to focus on who wants to play here for Georgia Football". There are 23 other COMMITS to give attention to.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is nothing novel with these recruits and even commits. They will tease you and commit elsewhere. All Kirby and Dell can do is hope he flips. Many use God's will as their premise..some mean it, some use it. Nothing new here. Haynes has been commited to Bama since July. He is a great tailback. UGA would well to flip him....but, I agree, he is in Tuscaloosa.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If it really is just about “Gods plan” and not also about “God’s plan” and a better NIL plan, there’s hope. If God can change his mind about Catholics eating fish on Friday, He can certainly change his mind about where a player plays football!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought the EXACT same thing!

Could say more, but I'll bite my tongue!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well good thing you aren’t Kirby bc if he decides to transfer in a few years, keeping the open honest relationship will makes us more attractive…we would be in trouble if it were “up to you”

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nick Saban is God's plan. Hmmm, ok. That may be a reach, but maybe I guess. Seems like lots of people escribe their decisions to God. I wonder how he feels about that.