Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud: Buckeyes preparing to ‘let it loose’ against Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageOhio State QB C.J. Stroud: Buckeyes preparing to ‘let it loose’ against Georgia

ATHENS — C.J. Stroud is a winner in most all respects, but the results of the past two games against Michigan have left the Ohio State star with an unsettled legacy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

OSU is all hat, no cattle... What else can Stroud say right now?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Title to the article should be Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud: Buckeyes preparing to Lose against Georgia !! 😂

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Toughest competition they had outside of Michigan was Penn St. who gave them All they wanted or perhaps Maryland. Stroud and the Buckeyes are about to get a reminder of why the SEC is the toughest conference in College Football.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So very much looking forward to this game…..ever since Urban Crier cancelled the home and home with us when he first became coach at tOSU!

Play to our aggressive defense and grind it out offense and we should be unstoppable!

I like our chances!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bucknuts!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A better athlete than Caleb Williams. And a better sportsman, as well. Wish him well. But Dawgs are going to make him uncomfortable, for sure, and hopefully really ratlle him into some mistakes.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CJ Stroud is a very confident QB. I would expect nothing less from his comments. He and OSU are also a bit intimidated by UGA. I believe they are a tad rattled by the pre-game hype and are attempting to compensate with some of their own sabre rattling. No doubt CJ and company will let it loose. They have a game plan. News Flash: So does UGA. I believe the defense will be at the pinnacle of their game Dec. 31. CJ will be back peddling for 4 quarters from what OSU even admits is a/the top defense in the nation. UGA's OL should be able to puncture the widespread defense offered by OSU and run on them all night. That will also open up the flat passes Bennett loves to throw. Let the Dawgs out..coach! Let them howl and eat. UGA does not fear OSU...not in the slightest. Dawgs on top!

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Understandable that OSU is going to try and do what LSU did in the second half--cut it loose, throw it all over the field and hope they can have the same success--500 yards. If LSU had simply made that FG, the final score would have been 43-33, so I'm sure OSU is looking at that and they are looking at when we got beat recently--2021 SECG, 2020 WLOCP and 2020 in Tuscaloosa. All three were great passing efforts. If you are going to beat Kirby's D, you need a great passing game. The Buckeyes have that, so this could be a tough game for the Dawgs. I agree the key is pressure on Stroud. If we can't make him very uncomfortable, he will make us very uncomfortable on the scoreboard.

Regardless, the Dawgs offense is my major key on this one--we have to control this one with our offense imo. No mistakes, consistent execution, balance, finish drives, and ~40 points on the scoreboard. If we do that we should win. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t help but like the young man; he just plays for the wrong team.

The Buckeyes are ready to “let it loose”. The Dawgs are ready to “Sic ‘Em!”

I’ll take Sic ‘Em!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I don't doubt Ohio State will be aggressive on offense AND defense. I expect a few trick plays as well. We can't let Stroud sit back in the pocket and pick us apart, so we'll need to apply pressure up front and cause havoc. That is the way we beat Bama and Young last year - the defense smothered them. However, we've got a better offense this season and will need to score points and take pressure off the defense. The Buckeye defense is their weakness that we can exploit. It should be a great matchup.

• Options
    keetl21keetl21 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Just like they did against MI, I’m shaking in my boots.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Popeyethesailor

A better athlete than Caleb Williams.

Not true in the least.

@UGA66

He and OSU are also a bit intimidated by UGA. I believe they are a tad rattled by the pre-game hype and are attempting to compensate with some of their own sabre rattling. 

Good grief. What on earth did Stroud say that could be called "sabre rattling"? What do you expect him to say? "They're better than us so all we can hope to do is get lucky"? The funny thing is that in the 80s, 90s and 00s players actually did do saber rattling, all the time!, and it was all in good fun. A lot of the outsized personalities we had back then - Joe Namath, Deion Sanders, Brett Favre, Marc Gastineau - wouldn't stand a chance in today's environment. Reminds me of the absolute nonsense that these guys are trying to stir up over Jalen Carter. Nothing compared to the absolute chaos that Lawrence Taylor used to wreak.

• Options
    DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

OSU wants to play 7 on 7.

UGA (the SEC) is a Line of Scrimmage team (league).

Finesse teams don’t like getting punched in the mouth, but that’s exactly what’s coming.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess they (THE) were hiding their candy when they played Michigan.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How is Stroud going to do after he gets knocked on his A S S a few times?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed!

Our defense is playing like they want…….

“To crush their enemies, to see them driven before them, and to hear the lamentations of their women”

Our defensive coaches are saying to them…..

”I don't want them to gain another yard! You BLITZ ALL NIGHT!!! If they cross the line of scrimmage, we’ll take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember FOREVER the night they played the Dawgs!!!”

They will be so fired up! Can’t wait! Can you feel it!?

Go Dawgs! Hate on Bucknuts!

• Options
    dawgIVlifedawgIVlife Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Georgia's Defense has faced Hendon Hooker, Anthony Richardson,Bo Nix, McNamara and Bryce Young to name a few. So bring it CJ Stroud, we're READY!!!