Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs’ 2022 season has been a little weird, but wonderful

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageDawgs’ 2022 season has been a little weird, but wonderful

It’s been kind of a weird but wonderful season so far for Kirby Smart’s 2022 Dawgs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They say the hardest thing a coach is asked to do is keep his team motivated after winning it all.

Kirby's done a fine job of overcoming the tendency to think we've won it all and we're now invincible, but I think that human nature tendency explains why this team has played down to lesser teams. But as long as these Dawgs keep playing their best against the best teams, I think Kirby deserves mega props for keeping his players somewhat grounded and focused on the task at hand. #Go For 2 in 22.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

I agree with GABE 100% and that will be the number one key to that game.

MUST get pressure on Stroud.

He needs to be hit and moved off his spot on first and third down. He needs to feel it up the middle and from the edges when he takes a side step. IF he is comfortable in that pocket, especially in the first half, their receivers are going to carve our secondary to shreds.

If our offense is sleepy, they will wake up.

If our defensive secondary gets burnt once or twice, that’s still recoverable.

But if Carter and company do not get pressure on Stroud and he can sit back there and throw off play action, it will not end well for our Dawgs.

With that said, Dawgs win a second half blowout, 42 to 24.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Thanks Bill for another great article! I think one of the key plays of the season was the s t r i p-sack of Hooker by Carter late in the first quarter against the Vols. That play was a huge momentum swinger and the Dawgs never looked back….and the Vols were looking for the busses back to Knoxville. On a different note, we all know how loud the stadium was for the UT game, but the comment I’ve heard most from recruits is they were impressed by our fans remaining engaged at a huge level when it was raining in the 4th quarter. That was an amazing game and everyone showed up. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree totally with this post! I was there and the fact that our fans got louder when it started raining was the most impressive thing of all!

It was as if no one wanted to give the talking heads any excuse to call us “fair weather” fans especially after Ainge’s comments before the game about our crowds.

The Dawgs came through that day and so did the fans. I see the same thing happening New Year’s Eve!

I like our chances!

Go Dawgs! National Champions 1942,1980,2021 and ????

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As I have been telling my Alabama friends, nothing lasts forever. I lived through some tough seasons (anyone remember Johnny Griffith?) and some great ones (1980-1983 as well as 2017-2022). The Coach Richt days were a lot of highs and some lows. I am going to enjoy every UGA win (even if they are by one point to the worst team in the SEC) and go through agony when the next loss occurs.