Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Smoke Bouie shows why Kirby Smart is always recruiting for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageSmoke Bouie shows why Kirby Smart is always recruiting for Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not so sure about Smoke....The #1 team in the SEC and Country continues to come courting after you picked door three which opened to a record of worst in the west and you;re still thinking about it???? Hey Smoke Auburn is looking too!

As for ole Bill, I wish you well, AZ will be a lot easier, you'll play every game/ get beat most of the time BUT the climate is great and the girls are beautiful!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would rather have Travis Hunter than Smoke Bouie. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone keeps talking about how Kirby didn't take anyone out of the portal last season, but if you recall last spring/summer, there was no roster space to add new players. Due to the extra year of eligibility from Covid, the roster projected to be significantly over the 85 max scholarship limit and the question was, how were they going to free up space to sign the players in the recruiting class? The Dawgs needed every one of those 15 drafted players and 13 other transfers to leave, just to provide scholarships for the players they were committed to for the 2022 season.

There was no room for them to take even a single player from the portal, assuming they found someone they wanted. The coaches would have had to run someone off (or take their scholarship away) in order to bring in someone new. I think they were pushing to get the 13 that did transfer to leave, just to make room to get to 85. If I had a scholarship to play football at GA, they would have to run me off with a stick to get me to leave, even if all I ever did was lift weights and play scout team.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Youj know what they say,"Where there's smoke there's fire." Find me that guy!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is a great coach…and getting better everyday! He works with passion in everything he does. His players have to see that their head coach doesn’t ask one thing of them that he doesn’t ask of himself!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Everyone keeps talking about how Kirby didn't take anyone out of the portal last season" because Kirby himself made a point to say it in a televised post-game interview after, I believe, the Kentucky game (not sure which). But, because he said it and said it so emphatically, it kind of took on this meaning that I don't think Kirby ever intended -- which is that UGA doesn't need or want transfers. Kirby wouldn't mind transfers and he will ALWAYS have room for them. But he wants to make sure that the transfers he gets don't upset the team culture and balance of what he already has. But kids are so fickle these days. They SAY they want to get developed and go to "the League." Kirby and his staff are pumping out NFL-ready players like rabbits -- kids who were just 3- and 4-stars out of high school -- and I'm just surprised that elite transfers aren't falling over themselves to get to Athens. As Coach Prime might say, "Must be the money." Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA was dealing with the same rules, transfers and enhanced rosters....that everybody else was dealing with.

Yet...they were the only team of the 131 teams, that did NOT dip in the portal. In fact, they contributed to it along with the draft.

That probably should be highlighted and recognized.