Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert thanks Georgia football program for its support as he enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,462 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert thanks Georgia football program for its support as he enters transfer portal

Earlier this week, it was reported that Georgia tight end Arik Gilbert would be entering the transfer portal. Gilbert confirmed that news in an Instagram post.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

The good ole transfer portal…..

• Options
    DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Wish you the best, but Buh Bye!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arik, "turn the page" as you say and "Hit the road Jack!".

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't down vote your comments, but I think your comments are obnoxious, beyond the pale, unseemly, and insulting to him, and to the team and coaches who supported him.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

And he misspelled “scholarship “, right Connor!? And no downvote here, either…..Don’t believe in them!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

He will find his way! Prayers are following that young man!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to say that I think it would be best for him to remain at Georgia. It’s obvious Kirby was trying to help him in life, not just football- to walk away from that is a mistake. I hope I’m wrong but not everyone will treat him like that and it could result in a regression of whatever issues he’s had

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's your opinion, but based on how the situation has been handled over the past two years, I would argue it's not a valid one.

Kirby has spent past two years working hard to get Arik back in a good place to play. If he was a distraction, as you say, Kirby would have not kept working with him. Kirby also would not have taken up a valuable roster slot to take him on road trips knowing , and saying as much in advance, Arik was not going to play. Kirby has left plenty of bad seeds off road rosters before, so the fact he continued to take him, sacrificing a roster slot, is very telling. I trust what I see from Kirby about Arik's value more than fans who have zero clue what has been happening in the young man's life.