Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett shares where Todd Monken has helped him improve the most: ‘I was seeing ghosts’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett shares where Todd Monken has helped him improve the most: ‘I was seeing ghosts’

ATLANTA — Stetson Bennett admitted he was seeing ghosts at first. Not Casper, Nearly Headless Nick or the Ghost of Christmas Past, but just expecting to see defenders in situations and them not being there.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LamardleeLamardlee Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

You are quite good, Mr. Bennett. Thank you for all you have done, and will continue to do, for Bulldawg Nation. You are a DGD by any measure.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Effective leadership can’t be measure in stats alone and you have those as well as proven tenacity and leadership. Tenacity is an overlooked competency and Mr. Bennett has it in spades and thankfully, he is using that at UGA.

Love the quote - “If I can do it once and figure how to do it multiple times, I might be good.”

That simple reality is what so many can’t see. Lead the DAWGs to 2 more wins and leave as 1 of the best DGDs in history.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks Stet and Monken for all you two have done for us

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GREAT article Connor and very illuminating regarding how Stetson has been coping since coming to Georgia and overcoming so much. I really like this time of the year, when the coaches and players can speak personally about what has gotten them to this point and how they are handling their success. Fun Stuff!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson Bennett has earned his stripes regardless whether he wins anothe natty or not. Looking back, most of his wins are in the double figures, a few closer, but all are WINS! Very few losses. SB will go down in history at UGA....as one of the program's very best at QB. Quite a story, really...a story that will be told again and again down through the annals of UGA and NCAA football history. Glad I was around to see it.

Now, Stetson, two more games, right? Two more mail deliveries. The UGA mail must go through. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Little Train that could played out in real life. What a story and it’s not over yet. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

He got hurt, then lost his starting job when JT played well, just like when JT got hurt last year. He wasn’t benched.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...yeah, Dawg Nation reporters always leave that part out.

It's not part of their on-going Bennett narrative. Like...he was a 4th string QB before the 2021 season ( not true).

Never mention the fact that he graduated high school when he was 19...and turned 20 in October of his Freshman year......When reporting his age. Lol

Why isn't @MikeGriffith writing this article. He should be made to write it a thousand times. Maybe he hasn't learned the old "book vs cover" analogy yet. Lol.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like the photo. Monken is talking and Stet is bolt upright in his seat focused about 130% on what Monken is saying to the reporter. Total intensity. Good.