Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,487 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

The main thing that has changed with Georgia under Smart is the ability to win close games after setbacks. This was a sure loss before

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sort of like last years natty. Uga was down after Bennett’s fumble, for him to finish perfect. This time uga was down heading into fourth and again Stetson finished awesome.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

What is amazing to me is if Pod had made either or both of those 2 FG’s in a dome that he normally has made in the past(47 yd and 52 yd), most of the drama would have been for not in those last 2 minutes. It would have been a 4 point or 7 point game, lol.

Man, that throw and catch from SB to Superman Brock Bowers with 2 defenders hands within 2 inches of the ball as well as the OSU DE about to kill SB (within a foot of him)!!! That was an unbelievable play by both of those awesome Dawgs.

And the way AD and Blaylock and Smith and McConkey and Jackson and Rosemy-Jacksaint stepped up in that game last night was unreal. I did not see any of our injured and maligned WR drop one single football last night. And that one fumble on the lateral was all on Bennett: that was one **** short arm pass there and that was totally on Bennett.

I saw so many good and bad things happen with our Dawgs on all sides of the ball last night that I am more thankful than ever that they were able to pull it out in the end. That’s the craziest game I have ever seen our Dawgs play and come out with the win, and YES, that includes the Rose Bowl against OU. And just for the record, I flew out to Anaheim and saw that game in person. Crazy.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love the resiliency of this year's Georgia bulldogs. After the win against Missouri, I knew the team would have some fight in them that would put them in the position they are in now..." heading to Los Anagels". I hope Kirby and the defensive staff fix the passing game coverages. There were too many opportunities where Ohio State took advantage of the defense with crossing routes. Other than that the defense Hunker Down and the Dawgs are playing for a Natty.

• Options
    NewcombTurkNewcombTurk Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

In the words of the late, great philosopher Skip Carey: "It was never in serious doubt."

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article Connor.

Resiliency, toughness, scrappy, and a Never-give-up attitude. That's the 2022 Bulldogs.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Biggest thing I seen was the mobility of cj stroud that everyone kept saying wasn't gonna be a problem. And now we're going against a team that has an actual mobile qb. Our big time rush defense better wake up. Michigan almost gave up 300 yards rushing to TCU and they boasting about rush defense like us. And we're also facing a QB that's a carbon copy of Bennett. He has all the fight in the world. Gonna be a long game if we don't get back to basics. And get our boys in shape. We looked fatigued for the entire game almost.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

@kylnmeg10

All good points…Our rush defense will be fine. Credit Stroud for escaping.

Smart and company will come up with new blitz schemes against TCU and because of what happened last night with 7 different times our blitzes were perfectly timed and the defensive players didn’t make the sack (not execute the tackle) will give them motivation AND be a good teaching moment.

I always have to remind myself how young this defense still is in the front 7 at 4 of the 7 positions. One more thing about them is even when they miss, they still show me their overall intelligence because they rarely make the same mistake twice.

They’ll get after Duggard and our front 7 is better against the run than Michigan’s, so I think that’ll make a big difference as well.

I also am excited to see our Offensive line take it to their D line! This game will allow Monken to call a more smash mouth type of game on O with our RB’s and bust them up with play action to our stable of receivers that are finally getting healthy and even our banged up ones that are roughing it out at maybe 70%!

SB has to play more disciplined and limit his mistakes and he definitely needs to run more if the opportunity presents itself against TCU. He definitely needs to avoid any turnovers because Michigan did not have a chance once they gave up that second pick 6. I know it was close at the end but history shows that when you are going against top notch competition, your chances of winning go down to less than 2% when you make turnovers like that. That’s essentially what the game came down to because TCU’s Duggard didn’t have even an average game offensively if you look at the numbers. TCU’s defense won that game for them.

It’ll be a great game and I think TCU will give us a tougher game than OSU because of their defense being better than OSU’s.

Pod better put in some extra practice time this next week because he will be a factor one way or the other.

• Options
    GrumpyE708GrumpyE708 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Is anyone else wondering why we scored with so much time left? We could have definitely milked the clock and not have left the game up to a missed field goal. I'm glad we won but that was stressful.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the opportunity is there, you’re going to take the TD every time. Im not being a jerk, but its a no brainer.

• Options
    brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

The Dawgs showed such great heart in fighting back time after time until they found an improbable path to victory. Arian Smith should have been the offensive MVP of the game. But the play of the game was Bullard's crushing blow on Harrison. With Harrison in the game, Georgia had no chance to come back. It was a classic example of what Kirby teaches every game: leave your mark on the other guys, and Bullard delivered. So did AD, Brock, Stet and Ladd. And of course, Kirby's timely timeout. All of these were critical plays, but Bullard's was the biggest.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

“It’s scary. Anybody else probably would’ve quit. It’s a four-quarter game,” Dumas-Johnson said. “We always preach that. It’s not two quarters, you have to beat us for four. To be able to make that comeback, we found out who we are as a team.”

Ain't it the truth. Quitting is easy.

Most of the posters on the DawgNation Forum live game thread gave up on the Dawgs. Some badmouthed various players especially our now three time playoff game MVP quarterback.

"Georgia did not play its best game on Saturday. Far from it... But it doesn’t tell the story of the whole game, one that Georgia managed to win by coming back in each half to take the lead...The Bulldogs fought, clawed and barked their way to a win over an Ohio State team that is as talented as any in the country. The 14-point fourth-quarter deficit was the largest ever overcome in a College Football Playoff game."

“It’s just so big because of the moment that we’re in right now,” left tackle Broderick Jones said. “I really don’t like to look at the past and want to be in the present but we just fought our ass off. I’m grateful this team was able to fight their ass off until the end and come out with a victory.”

As impressive as the win was, fighting for it as Broderick Jones described, staying in the moment, and never giving up have been this team's hallmark characteristics all season. Most of the time we've greatly out-talented our opponents. Not this time. Tosu was athletic, fast, strong, very talented, and remarkably determined. All credit to them, but we were more determined, every bit as good, more resilient, and maybe a tiny bit lucky.

TCU looms big on the horizon.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did anybody listen to CJ Stroud's comments after the game. What class. If ever there should have been an MVP for both teams, this game was it.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A friend of mine compared this game to a couple of those CFP losses we had to Bama when the Tide was still dominant. We outplayed them, but they always came up with a way to beat us.

Just like coach said, Ohio State "probably deserved to win," but we managed to pull it out. That's what champions do.

Still, they'd better play better next week!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really can't stand the what-ifs about Marvin Harrison. Just like Jameson Williams last year.

What if they had Harrison in the second half? Well, what if we had our All-American outside linebacker the whole game? What if we didn't lose two other OLBs for the second half, in addition to our phenomenal DE for much of the game due to cramps? Would Stroud have been scrambling as well if he'd been bottled up in the pocket by Smith, Beal, Chambliss and Williams?

And what if Stetson could have targeted big Darnell in the red zone after Bowers made that incredible "Matrix" first down?

The what-if whining is a losers' game. This is another reason to love Kirby: He doesn't make excuses.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Painful Truth Vineyards has a New Yearsv special. They are releasing a limited edition Buckeye whine wine. It has a sour bouquet with peachy undertones and, after drinking, there is a bitter aftertaste LEFT. 🤣🤣

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thank you. It's tiring hearing this crap. UGA was missing some HUGE pieces. But Kirby makes sure he has depth at each position. How does one do that? Recruit well and get your twos and threes some game experience. That might mean you can't score fiddy for every game. It might mean giving up an extra touchdown at the end of the game (uga vs Tennessee). But if your twos are not prepared, you will have significant drop off.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

This game could have been a lot less stressful without the Bennett mistakes. He lost yards on both 3rd down plays before Pod's missed field vials goals. His INT on a wide open McIntosh gave OSU an easy TD. That short armed lateral to Ladd was one of the WORST plays I've ever seen. On that last TD pass there were still 14 seconds left on the play clock. But because he makes two throws on the last drive he's the "MVP" of the game. I've never seen someone get so much credit for making things harder for everyone else