Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following iconic win over Ohio State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,458 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following iconic win over Ohio State

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

You missed the biggest loser…Kelee Ringo! Dude has lost all confidence, got burned a lot. I know it’s Marvin Harrison, but he also got touched by Kentucky, GT, and LSU…his draft stock has been plummeting the past few weeks

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 371 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, Ringo has been living off that one play against Alabama. I never understood the high draft rank assessment on him. I honestly hope he does well for himself personally and has a long and prosperous career but good grief, we really need him to step up and be the DB everyone expects him to be and I believe he can be because he has not.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ringo needs to stop taking glances back at the QB. That’s been his primary issue and one that can be coached out of him.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree 100%!!! On multiple websites and articles I have read the exact same opinions. So it isn't just an isolated comment. When so many people notice the exact same thing, then there must be some substance to it. On the final OSU drive of the game, Stroud breaks free for a 30 yard run. Watch how one of the O-linemen grabs and throws one of our D-linemen to the ground. Like you said, this was not an isolated incident.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It became 7 on7 much of the game and with a great QB the offense wins. It took us to the 4th quarter to get a couple of stops. I think they relaxed and celebrated a little early. I said early on whoever has the momentum late is going to win. We got it. Hard tohold the momentum all game long. THey almost did.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

IMHO, in the end, there was no loser from that game on either side. As much as my frustration grew during the game with things we did and didn't do, every player gave it their all out there for 60 minutes. Both teams fought hard and played well. Unfortunately, one team had to lose. But both teams deserve recognition.

• Options

So, according to people who know, BB was sick going into the game, which could be why he wasn't targeted as much, and yet it speaks to his determination and desire even when sick to lay it all out there for his team!

• Options

If you havent seen the hit on Harrison from back of the endzone camera view, You need to look it up! it is an absolutely text book hit, really not as close to targeting as it appeared from the camera angle it showed during the game. It was an easy call for the crew. One of UGA's greatest hits. Pardon the pun! He definitely makes the catch for a TD if not for the hit. Someone said he stepped out of bounds first, but I didn't see that.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's a connection between Stroud's scrambling success and our thin edge-rushing crew.

For much of the game, we created pressure up the middle but Stroud was able to escape by scrambling left or right. Then, he'd make a big play either with his arm or his feet. If Nolan Smith had started, if Chambliss hadn't gone down in the second quarter and then if Beal and Williams hadn't been hampered by cramps (directly related to the absence of the first two guys), we'd have kept him bottled up a bit better.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have hurt us at all if we weren't undermanned in those positions. And those two excellent tackles made it hard for our guys to set the edge. But maybe, we'd have sacked him six times instead of four. Maybe, he doesn't complete that amazing scramble to the right before he hit Harrison in the corner of the endzone. Maybe, they don't score 31 points in the games middle two quarters.

I totally get why Mike dubbed Stroud and our edge rushers "losers." He didn't seem to mean it as an insult as much as a statement of fact. Stroud, tragically for the Buckeyes, literally was a loser. And our edge rushers have got to figure out some way to handle Duggan and company without two of our best outside linebackers.

Marvin Jones: You are a stud. Grow up quick!

• Options

Duggan is more of a run threat than Stroud was but not as much as a passing threat as Stroud. Not saying he can't throw, he can. But if you had to choose one QB to not have to defend against the pass you're choosing Stroud.

TCU wants to run the ball to set up play action similar to us. THey ran it well against Michigan. It was alarming how well they did. I don't think Michigan was expecting their toughness. Everyonwe just attributed that to MIchigan. Maybe Michigan fell into that trap.

Now the question is will TCU seeing what LSU did and what Stroud did depart from their identity and try to throw it around the yard?