Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs clear Ohio State hurdle, Javon Bullard makes play of game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,524 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football stock report: Bulldogs clear Ohio State hurdle, Javon Bullard makes play of game

ATHENS — Kirby Smart saw this Ohio State storm coming the past two seasons knowing his Bulldogs would probably need to go through it at some point on its journey to the top of the college football world.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett producing almost 400 yards...stock even? Even? He won the game! MVP for the fourth time...what more does he have to do? OK...beat TCU...he will! Then what will his stock be...even? Come on.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good report MG! I think you are right when you say that Bennett will have a sharp night against TCU. I am feeling that too, I think the mailman, while clutch in the 4th quarter, felt like he had "30 mins" of lost time during the game Saturday night. He has the moxy to come back and be sharper in this next game with everything on the line again. Bullard was inconsistent but really laid it on the line when we most needed him - very proud of his effort and his game changing play against tOSU's top WR. I think he will be a beast next year as he enters into his junior year. I hated we didn't see from Carter more during the game and it was obvious that they were doubling up on him throughout the night. I hope the rest of our DL will able to be more disruptive if that happens again in the TCU game. I hope that whatever our kicker had going on - 2 misses Saturday night, will be straightened out for the natty. We may need him when it is all said and done, and I know he wants to look better seeing as he is entering the NFL draft. I wish, wish, wish we could get Darnell back for this game. I think the offense missed him badly - I know Bowers did. Darnell takes pressure off of Bowers because teams have to scheme for both of them when they are both on the field. Darnell deserves to play in the natty as well. Proud of our dawgs for their "never say die" attitude last game! Time to finish the drill! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

@UGA66 "Bennett producing almost 400 yards...stock even? Even? He won the game! MVP for the fourth time...what more does he have to do? OK...beat TCU...he will! Then what will his stock be...even? Come on." - UGA66

Are you serious with your comment? Bennett, by his own admisson played bad football for 30 mins of the game. He was in disbelief when his team won the game and you want MG to list his stock as...SOARING?? Why? The reason Bennett had to be so clutch at the end of the game was because he fell asleep through the 3rd quarter. AND...if his stock was truly soaring as you say, we would not have been on pins and needles just before the kicker for OSU missed the field goal. Look, I appreciate your love for our beloved QB, but thank God we have a great reporter like MG who is not a homer and can tell the difference between stock even and soaring. GREAT job MG!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

The Dawgs will rock TCU!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Settle down "truthteller." His comeback is what I was mostly alluding to. Yeah, he did play less than stellar ball but he seems to bring it home when he needs to. I am hard on Stetson, so gave hims some props..probably against his own wishes. I suspect he will deliver against TCU as well. His short game should be more effective. I know the run game will pick up.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Look, I have been one of Stetson Bennett IV's biggest critics and I am not even a UGA fan.

But dude? Seriously? Seriously? Bennett had 398 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT. He had a 67% completion percentage! And I still say that the INT happened because he slipped! Bennett was even spot on with the sort of throws that I have spent 3 years claiming that he couldn't make! Deep throws! Sideline throws! He did it all! Including a rushing TD! It was one of the best performances in playoff game history!

You know what else? He did it with Brock Bowers being merely average. He did it with Darnell Washington having only 1 catch for 9 yards and injured for most of the game. He did it with Ladd McConkey, his #1 receiver for much of 2 seasons, contributing only 2 catches for -1 yard due to injury. And he did it with Ohio State having schemed to take away his scrambling and the passes to the RBs. He did it with Ohio State holding Jacksaint, Blaylock and Jackson to 4 catches between them!

I have to be honest ... if you were watching that game without knowing in advance which guy is likely to be the #2 overall pick and which guy would be lucky to be taken in the 6th round, you would have believed that SB IV is the guy that NFL scouts are raving over! And you know what? Maybe NFL scouts SHOULD give Bennett a second look after he scored 4 TDs in one half against LSU and had a hair away from 400 yards against Ohio State!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

theabc

The best preformed in playoff game history? Maybe you weren't paying attention to the other team's QB Saturday night

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I listed all the "bone-headed" (TM Kirby Smart) things Stets did Saturday night my fingers would fall off. Stock Even for the short armed lateral to Ladd is being way too generous

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After 3 season's of SBIV starting QB at UGA this is who he is. We see it pretty much every game. He can make some great plays or some "bonehead" (CKS) plays. He was pretty shaky for 3 Q's but played well in the 4th. His risk management and decision making will always be a challenge to CKS. CKS did not appear to be happy with SBIV passing up easy plays to gun sling downfield. Expect to see a correction there this week.

If SBIV has improved at anything this season it is in knowing the offense and his progressions. That, in itself, is a HUGE improvement. His maturity should help CKS make the necessary corrections this week.

Have watched the 1st half of the MI/TCU game. TCU is good. Very good. Big, fast, physical. Rushed for almost 300 yds vs physical MI. Bullied MI's physical Joe Moore winning OL. TCU QB is a better runner than CJStroud. He is accurate to medium distance but not as accurate deep down field. MI mistakes (fumble at 1, 2 Pick 6's) lost the game so winning the TO battle will be critical.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

To say that Bennett played bad football for 30 minutes of the game is a real stretch since the offense only had the ball for a little over 27 minutes of the game.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Podlesny has missed 3 out of 5 FGs in that building in the last 2 games. Hopefully he’ll get this turned around before Monday. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@CClayC88 yeah. I was. As highly as I regard Stroud, I still think that Bennett's performance was one for the ages.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA has won a national championship with with an average but coachable QB. And, we will win another in a few days. This shows how good the Dawgs are. Think of how badly UGA would have beaten OSU if Stokes had been in a UGA uniform.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Au contraire. I think Coach Smart's shrewd and timely time out in the 4th qtr was the play of the game.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett's stats were as good or better than Shroud's, except the running, although Stet had a running TD and a couple other nice runs to go along with his 3 through the air so he was not Mr Everything for UGA like Stroud had to be, but his stats were as good or better overall on paper. And he still can do better and I hope he goes out without an INT. But I really do not care as long as UGA wins! Just win baby!