Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Remembering the gone-far-too-soon-life of Devin Willock: ‘He was my favorite OL’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageRemembering the gone-far-too-soon-life of Devin Willock: ‘He was my favorite OL’

Rest in peace Devin Willock. Rest in peace, Chandler Lecroy. We at DawgNation extend the DEEPEST sympathies to their families, loved ones and the entire Georgia football and University of Georgia community today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanx Jeff....so sad:(((

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

dang man, so much to live for an something like this happens. that's life though, prayers for his family and loved ones.

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

**** shame! Sounds like a great kid. Prayers for his family.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So heartbreaking and I just have prayers for the families of both these individuals. To go from that high of a day to this seems unimaginable and, not to be a cliche, but you truly never know. Prayers for the families, teammates, and coaches. Go DAWGS

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang! Just terrible news! My condolences to the family and all who knew them. May they both rest in peace.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really liked Willock! I remember when he committed…all I could think was, “Wow! 6’-7!”

Sincere prayers for all involved! I was driving to Sunday School when my daughter read the story…just heartbreaking!

• Options
    SatbodSatbod Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

So sad; nothing good happens at that time of night…

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

My prayers go out to those involved in this tragedy and their family. What a sad moment.

• Options
    GawgiaboyGawgiaboy Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm devastated we lost some great people and beloved Dawgs. My heart goes out to their family. Prayers for everyone involved. Just a terrible tragedy.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

this loss hurts so bad. I pray for the team, staff and his family

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 280 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There are nearly 8 billion of us. One could argue that is too many. However, there will never be enough Devin Willocks in this world.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The one thing that springs forth while reading this is the constant thoughts about family. Kirby Smart has instilled an atmosphere of family that has been missing since Vince Dooley stepped down a head coach. Devin Willock was a part of the Dawg family. That makes him a brother to us all. Rest in peace with God.

• Options
    thestichthestich Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I just finished watching the streaming of Chandler's memorial yesterday. It sounds as though she and Devin were very alike in their personalities. Friendly, caring, and committed. UGA will certainly miss two wonderful people. This week has been difficult for all of us. What we need to remember is LIFE IS TOO SHORT! Tell those you love, you love them! If you need to make amends, do so. But mostly be KIND to everyone. And remember, we now have two more very special Angels looking out for us. RIP Chandler and Devon! 😪

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell - thanks for your tireless efforts to provide us with insight not available anywhere else on the planet (other than the Dawg's locker room). Your tributes to Dev and Chan continue to touch my heart every time I read them. They both loved life, the university, UGA football and all the folks they interacted with. Two DGDs taken from us way too soon. May they rest in peace and know they will live on in hearts and minds across the country. GO DAWGS