Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Top Florida signee Jaden Rashada reportedly asks for release from school

SystemSystem Posts: 11,029 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageTop Florida signee Jaden Rashada reportedly asks for release from school

One of Florida’s big recruiting wins looks to already be playing elsewhere, as multiple reports indicate that Florida quarterback signee Jaden Rashada has asked the NCAA for a release from his scholarship. Brandon Huffman of 247Sports was the first to report the news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

13 million? Man oh man

• JuniorDawgJuniorDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I’m guessing 9.5 million just wouldn’t do it for him.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

$13.5M for a 4 star player? What would a 5 star fetch? This NIL business is completely out of hand. Sure, pay the kids. But make the pay reasonable and commensurate.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sorry, I don't buy products based on a 19 year old kid's endorsement. I mean, I like Brock Bowers but his pushing of banking products just seems a bit odd. And I'm glad Matthew Boling like his Dunkin' Donuts coffee, with his picture on their menu sign, but that does not make my decision.

I hate the NIL stuff and now it has brought college football to the likes of pro football. You have a few kids making a lot of money while their teammates get nothing for working just as hard. At least in the pros everyone gets paid. IN college, your pay was your room, board and education. Now college is very simply minor league football where kids can trade as they wish. At least in the pros you have a contract that must be honored or there are penalties. And don't bring up coaches. That is a weak argument.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Entitlement is rat poison! And the QB woes for Florida continue. Nil or nothing?😎

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

"$13.5M for a 4 star player? What would a 5 star fetch? This NIL business is completely out of hand. Sure, pay the kids. But make the pay reasonable and commensurate."

The only folks who could change this are sitting in the U.S. Congress, as it would take giving the NCAA and colleges exemptions from the Antitrust laws. Won't happen, because they don't want to be seen taking from "disadvantaged" youths.

• UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's crazy! 13.5 million! This NIL is getting ridiculous with prospects for all teams. Go Dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This story is like a week old. I thought there might have been some new development...

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was 100% predictable. I'm too lazy to find my posts from way back. Besides, it didn't take a crystal ball.

The solution is in the hands of college football programs and their universities. They are responsible. They can fix it.

The federal government? If you want to create a complete Charlie Foxtrot and destroy college football bring them in to fix the NIL mess.

Go, Dawgs!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NCAA can dictate that men can be women but can't seem to figure out how to equitably regulate NIL.....time for the NCAA to grow a pair, learn from their mistakes and stand for what is right for all in college sports or get the hell out of the way.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure how Congress or the weak NCAA is going to try and regulate this runaway freight train called NIL. It's already obviously slipping off the rails and getting out of hand.