Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: UGA fans react to AD Mitchell transfer news

SystemSystem Posts: 10,556 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: UGA fans react to AD Mitchell transfer news

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,866 (Jan. 17, 2023) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what was, at the time of recording, a rumor involving wide receiver AD Mitchell entering the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

This really is disappointing that AD would leave, but I guess he has his reasons. The offense was never really the same this season after he left with his high ankle sprain. Ladd had his moments, but we lacked that deep threat and his ball skills to go up and high-point a catch. Did anyone else notice that he had very similar TD receptions in each title game? A take-off play, 1 on 1, down the right sideline, going up and taking the ball away from a defender at the goal line! Amazing! And the catch he made against Ohio St. to seal the comeback, what a clutch play. I just wish we had been able to see more of that this season. But hey, even without him, the team still managed to go undefeated through the SEC championship game. So all is not lost. Good luck AD, wherever you go. At least you have some pretty nifty rings to take with you. You certainly earned them.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

What's sad is than very few have a problem with Mitchell leaving for big bucks. A generation ago it would be unheard of. It's the day of "me first" and no one has a problem with it because it affects everyone.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

I have to say that Steak wasn’t wrong in his take. Stetson’s rambling letter didn’t help his cause either, in my opinion. He sounded like an entitled brat. What was it that Kirby said after the national championship? Entitlement was the biggest enemy in repeating for a third title? Maybe it was time for Stetson to move on. I just would’ve liked to see him be more gracious and appreciative on his way out the door.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For my money, I'd much rather have Dom and AD stay DAWGS than hopefully make or hope Thomas and Lovett grow into DAWGS. I'm wondering, how is it going to play out for Thomas and Lovett being the #1 go to receivers on their respective teams to being two additions in a very talented receiver pool? I am hoping that both are so confident in their skill set and they are indeed potentially elite players that, given the higher level of competition, they shine even brighter!

The allure of financial riches will destroy college football if not regulated.....

It's high time that the presidents and AD's in our leading conferences get together and dismiss the feckless, woke NCAA and create a rules committee to reel in the Transfer Portal and NIL....not to mention ending the stupidity of allowing biological males to compete in women's sports!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think that leaving Georgia was a moronic move for AD Mitchell. Next year he would have had a much better passer feeding him the ball and be on a team that will win championships. But, he'll go to Texas to be with the Manning family. Good bye!!!