Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

AD Mitchell enters transfer portal after two seasons with Georgia football

13»

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Possibly tech, or an orange wearing ut 🤡 that would explain the clownish way they think, that is reflected in their comments.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer. I've long thought AD had more potential than any other Georgia WR. Good hands, good size, strong ball battler, great route running and good speed. He had a chance to be the No. 1 WR on CFP's first threepeat championship team.

If this is about wanting to be closer to home or about a better NIL environment, he may be making a rational decision for himself.

But if he thinks he'll do more for his draft status by going to a place where he may get more targets than at Georgia, he's making the same mistake Jermaine Burton made. And that didn't turn out well.

Pro scouts understand perfectly well how much talent Georgia has and how Monken's offense is built to spread the ball around. Sure, 77 catches and 1263 yards (a la Marvin Harrison Jr.) is going to get the attention of NFL teams. But at the end of the day its about measurables and about showing what he can do -- not sheer volume. An injured George Pickens had all of five catches in his senior year, and he did quite well in the draft.

We'll be fine -- we still have lots of receiving talent. Still, I do hole out a wee bit of hope that AD will reconsider his decision, just as Amarius Mims did last year, if only because I wanted to see AD live up to his potential at Georgia.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me start by saying...I don't know for a fact, this is true. But, word is, that AD has a baby in Texas he wants to be near. After his College days are over, that will be much more difficult to accomplish, especially if he gets drafted.

He'll have no say, in where he lives. That's life. Good luck to him and I'm sure his Bulldog Brothers will be there for him.

• Options
    SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thadec So your saying that Mitchell having a child in the state of TX, and heavy rumors that the University Of Texas is looking at him has nothing to do with it ? It’s All about statistical data ? No sarcasm at you as I told you on another post and apologized to you for being so harsh. But I don’t understand you At All. Just going by your history of comments on here it Appears that everything is about stats with you and whether a particular player will be able to make the NFL. No human element or at least very little in your thinking. Or to me that’s the way you seem to put forth your comments. Does everything have to fit into specific boxes for you ? Do you ever ponder for a moment the love or feelings a player might have for family or friends ? Or even the love of living in a particular area ? And you seem to be a very intelligent person, you Do Realize that only a small percentage of college football players will Ever play in the NFL in Any capacity, right ? And if you don’t mind my asking Why do you come here ? Most fans come here to Celebrate the Dawgs accomplishments No Matter what those might be. And to speculate and opine on what will need to happen for continued success at the highest levels. And Most fans here have a genuine interest in the players lives and well being even Off the field of play. Also though I think it’s diminished quite a bit over the years, and I Do think that in that aspect NIL will be a factor good and bad but you don’t believe there is Any Loyalty from players to the idea of just Being A Dawg ? And that type loyalty is not unique to just UGA, I understand that. Do you understand and appreciate Why fans refer to players, coaches, and people associated to the program as DGDs ? No sarcasm at all directed at you. I just want to try to get a better understanding of you, and mainly Why you come here ? I sure hope your life is not lived based on stats. If you do live that way I sincerely feel sorry for you. And I assure you there’s no sarcasm in that either. I’ll close by saying this if Everything about the game of football is going to be boiled down to just stats, good or bad, then about as well remove humans and replace them with robots. Which ever school can build the best competing robots. At which point I would promptly stop watching. Just as a note to let you know more about me I stopped watching the NFL quite some years back. I had many reasons why I stopped but one of those is heart or spirit has pretty much vanished. Team loyalty pretty much gone to. With the NFL it’s pretty much ALL about the $$. Sadly I see college football Rapidly heading in that same direction. Which it has been for some time now. I doubt I have much time left on this ole earth so maybe I’ll be gone by the time it reaches Exclusively about the $$. Go Dawgs !!

• Options

This comment is not directed to anyone in particular and yes it’s off topic. But if $$ doesn’t destroy college football wokeism will. There are already as I understand it a few teams with female kickers on the team. How long before females Demand to be on Any and All positions on the team ? Football is a man’s sport, Period. I’d very, very reluctantly and disappointed continue to watch the Dawgs if they had a female kicker and/or a female holder. But those are the Only positions I’d as I say Very reluctantly and Very disappointed continue to be a fan. If they ( females) moved into other positions like RB, DB, DE, WR, etc. etc. I’d be done watching. The weird thing is if you apply that to the NFL it’d be so strange. As wokeism claims to be a vehement enemy of capitalism, and the NFL is certainly a product of capitalism !! I don’t watch the NFL but I know that many Dawgs fans are also NFL fans and I’d feel bad for them that they lost a sport they enjoy.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

oops... that last "no" about not casting aspersions was intended to be a yes... y'all get it, though 🤣

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, I don't like or agree with this. Down vote all you want but this is ridiculous. The kid has a guaranteed passer at QB next year at UGA. No, it is not the heralded Arch Manning but so the heck what? We have 3 highly talented quarterbacks, ourselves. Every person watching Mitchell and announcing spoke incredilbly highly about him. Not just about potential but about the actual. I don't know if it is NIL or not, probably is, but if a college can buy a player then they are no better than the pros.

I am not going to say I wish him well because it makes me angry that he is leaving. I hope he gets there, or wherever he lands, and mid season says a big ol' "Oops. I messed up".

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options

I really didn’t mean him any sarcasm. I just want to see if I can get a better understanding of Why he comes to this site. From the best that I can determine he seems to want to Teach the game of football to Dawgs fans. And though he will throw in some compliments along and along more often than not he seems to want to get a rise out of Dawgs fans with inflammatory comments. And most of his comments are based purely on stats, never any accounting for human spirit, or loyalty, or brotherhood etc. I had previously been treating him very harshly about his comments. But I apologized to him, with no response from him the last time I checked. And I resolved to Try not to be as harsh toward him. I say Try. I admit I’m a total homer when it comes to the Dawgs. I Love them when their losing or winning, though I much prefer winning. And yes I fully admit I’m defensive of any malicious comments directed at them, in particular by rival fans. In an earlier post he admitted to not being a Dawgs fan. And referred to himself as a “casual fan” of the sport. Yet he’s constantly correcting other posters with a lengthy litany of data about both college football and the NFL. He goes to great lengths to do so. I would think he almost has to search the Internet for all the data he comes up with as I doubt anyone could have all that info. in their head. So I’m just curious as to what does he Really get out of coming here ? It’s not about the right to come here. Of course he has that. But what jollies is he getting from coming here ?

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am praying that AD Mitchell comes back home to UGA. I understand he has a young son in Texas, but perhaps a way can be found to move AD's family to Athens for the remainder of his college football career. He is a DGD and I know he is loyal to the Red and Black in his heart. He will find plenty of playing time on the field as long as he is a Dawg!