Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Devin Willock’s father says he has no plans to sue UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,539 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageDevin Willock’s father says he has no plans to sue UGA

*This article first appeared on AJC.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GawgiaboyGawgiaboy Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 753 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The **** part of all this.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Leave the Father and Mother alone. We don't need to know. They just lost their son - lay off.

• Options

That’s what I meant. The bad word edited was “yougly”

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Pa-leeze, can we just let this poor family grieve. When my parents lost their first-born son (my brother) in a tragic accident, it never occurred to them to sue someone... they simply pulled the family closer and leaned into their faith. Hopefully the love and prayers we channel to the LeCroy and Willock families will somehow help ease their pain. I know for certain that the love of God, family and friends is FAR more powerful and healing than a team of lawyers.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who, exactly, is supposed to "leave the family alone?" It's not the media who called a friggin press conference, the Willock family attorney did. Why don't we ask "Big Injury Lawyers" to pull back and give the family space? I know folks love to "blame the media" for everything that happens in this world, but as someone who had to cover these stinking stories, few things are more unpleasant than to have to deal with a grieving family who is trying to sue some large entity to get money for their dead loved one, mere days after that loved one has passed on. If the lawyers -- on behalf of the family or some members of the family -- didn't call this press conference, there would be NO STORY HERE.

• Options
  • Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

God...Please Bless this Man and his Family.

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 92 ✭✭✭ Junior

This family hasn’t even had a full week to grieve and this is already being discussed. Sad…and sick.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

You're right...but, since I didn't bring it up...and this section is specifically designed for comment and opinion...I will comment.

IMO...Willock has no claim against "UGA", due to, "not wearing a seat belt". However, the family does have a limited claim against Tory, and Devin's insurance company. The claim is limited by law as well as insurance benefits. I'm sure that's been discussed by the family.

It's not a Sin to point out, that's why you pay your mandatory automobile insurance premiums. The first thing a funeral director asks, is, how will you be paying. We don't live in a Utopia...money is still a very real part of life...even after death.

• Options
    CHDawg54CHDawg54 Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This young man meant a lot to not just the football program but to his teammates as well. All of the Dawgnation is grieving over the deaths of these young people. Enter attorneys who don't care about anything but money.

Ambulance chasing lawyers are the scum of the earth.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

I hear you, BD61, but tend to disagree... sometimes horrific, devastating accidents happen. But they are just that-- accidents... part of life, no need to blame and attack others, making challenging times even harder. If you need financial help for a funeral, use a crowdfunding platform to raise the money. Law suits should be for egregious acts and serious neglect. I frankly don't think they are a natural part of "life", and too often are the product of human greed.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

These families I’m sure are utterly crushed. It hasn’t even been a week yet for goodness sake. They need Time to grieve. And desperately Try to sort out allot of things through the very dark clouds of grief. Just Me but this is not a time to be asking them allot of questions, no matter how respectfully asked. Right now ALL these folks need is heartfelt support or mainly just Quiet and a caring shoulder to cry on. I can’t begin to come vaguely close to knowing how they must feel. And hope and pray I never Have to know. Lord please give all these families and friends your special peace and comfort. And please heal the young lady in serious condition in the hospital, guide all her medical professionals taking care of her please. In the Lord Jesus name, Amen. 🙏

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior

So it was never revealed as to what caused the accident in the first place. It was early on the morning after the parade and I wonder if the driver was tired and fell asleep at the wheel or was there drinking involved? Anyone have a clue?