Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Return of Sedrick Van Pran is a championship-making difference for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageReturn of Sedrick Van Pran is a championship-making difference for Georgia football

ATHENS — Georgia could not have gotten better news than it did on Friday when starting center Sedrick Van Pran announced he was returning to Georgia for another season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES! Thank you Sedrick! You made my day.

• Options
    pappadawg23pappadawg23 Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 2023

Sed,

Thank you very much for returning as a team leader in the pursuit of your degree and a three-peat.You are truly a DGD.

• Options
    pappadawg23pappadawg23 Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore

Sed,

Thank you very much for returning as a team leader in the pursuit of your degree and a three-peat. You are truly a DGD.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yay! I was wondering since no news had surfaced about Sedrick entering the draft.

GREAT news indeed!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

SVP is going to be one of the big leaders on next year's team.

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sedrick is one of the best, unsung heroes of the team. He is consistent in his deliveries and blocks. A real solid base for next year's great offence. I hate it for the guys looking for greener pastures (how'd that work out for cox and burton?). Chrismas came late for me hearing that Ladd, Sedrick and the other great players who chose to play another year for the best team in football (and that's not a rating from their w/l record only. Thanks for your selflessness. Go Dawgs.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope that he gets a 3rd championship. Games are won in the trenches and the Dawgs' O & D lines have been stellar. This is great news.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Teamwork for Today committee, the group that selects the Joe Moore Award winner, have tarnished the reputation of their “distinguished” award the past two seasons. The Michigan OL didn’t belong in the same room with the UGA offensive line let alone win it the past two seasons! The proof is in the playoffs! Put Michigan’s OL against the size and speed of SEC defenses on a regular basis and that group would barely be mediocre!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is a pretty huge plus that he decided to come back.

Both for the overall offensive line’s future performance, the experience and leadership he’ll bring back, AND the effect it will have on whoever wins the starting job at QB.

Always nice to have a strong center and/or tackle with a year plus of starting exp. when a new signal caller comes in.

My hope is that it moves Van Pran up to a no doubt top 1 or 2 center in the 2024 draft. That could result in him being a top 10 to 15 pick overall pick because all NFL teams value top-notch centers when it comes to draft season. That’s life changing financial security for a young man under 25 in today’s terrible US economy led by Dementia Joe and the Democrats.

Go DAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is there a Dámn Good Dawg Plus category. If so, Sedrick Van Pran just achieved DGD+ status.

Not winning the Joe Moore Joke Award has served us well. Let Michigan have it every year as long as our team wins the only award that actually means anything.

Nobody who has watched all the playoff games, has good sense, and possessive of an understanding of the fundamentals of football could possibly believe Michigan has had the best offensive line in the country the past two years.

The Joe Moore Award is stúpid, as are most of the awards given before the end of the season. Everybody knows it. Until the important bowl games and playoff games are played nobody has sufficient objective data to support their opinion as to the relative strengths of the various conferences and the good teams within those conferences.

I don't think Alabama or LSU or Tennessee earned a playoff berth, but I'd bet any of them could and would beat Tosu or Michigan or TCU.

Go, Dawgs!