Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia wide receiver AD Mitchell announces transfer to Texas

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia wide receiver AD Mitchell announces transfer to Texas

It did not take former Georgia wide receiver AD Mitchell long to find his new home, as he announced on social media on Friday evening that he would be transferring to Texas.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey, he didn’t go to Ohio state, Michigan, Oklahoma or Florida so I call it a win. Go put up some big12 numbers and make some money young buck

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BigTenEatsFarts,

I'm happy he didn't go to Bama, Tennesse, or Florida. I don't really care about other schools.

• Options
    Hedges27Hedges27 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Take care of your fam! You will always be a DGD!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad day for UGA. Evidently some players have very little or no loyalty to their teammates, their coaches, their fan base and their univerisity.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

You know me, I’m always against guys leaving the sec for the big ten. And Oklahoma is just a w.eenie school haha

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes he owes you, as a fan, specifically his entire life and devotion and should stay at Georgia. All of that is more important than his actual flesh and blood daughter.

Perspective people. Go take care of family and ball out AD. Show the 'Horns and the Big-12 what a real SEC player and real player development looks like.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got 2 votes down for this?!?! At least give me a comment to explain why. I’m very curious about that.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AD made some huge catches in critical moments in the biggest games, what more can you say? Take care of that family!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If AD stays healthy, look out! He could have a very big year.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AD, if there is anything that can improve the Longhorns team......it's a DGD....I'll be pullin for you AD!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can someone clarify the rules regarding player contact with other schools. I knew at least a week ago (before entering the transfer tunnel) that AD was likely heading to Texas. Were AD and Texas allowed to communicate prior to him entering the “tunnel”? Go Dawgs and good luck AD!!!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

BubbaBill, schools are NOT supposed to have contact with a player UNTIL he/she enters the portal but it wouldn’t surprise me if manning didn’t recruit AD when he visited Georgia, but who’s going to enforce the rules? The lousy ncaa?

I’m thankful for what he did for the Dawgs, but I hope he doesn’t have a hard time losing.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This guy was such an impactful player when he was healthy for the dawgs, would have liked to see him in the dawg uniform for a full year healthy. Proud of him for the hard work he put in each year getting healthy in order to contribute in such incredible ways. Wish you nothing but the best AD! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Texas will be better due to this addition. It will be interesting to see if he stays injury free for the season.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well look at that. Turns out he had a reason to move back to Texas that doesn't involve payment. Still wondering why so many were so quick to assume it was nothing but the bag (not just here, saw multiple podcasts on the subject that framed the entire discussion around the assumption that he was only transferring for money).

Anyway, good luck out there, AD. Thanks for the memories.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like the Masked Downvoter has returned. That explains at least one of them.