Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EinsteinEinstein Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    EinsteinEinstein Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

He enrolled shortly after I exited in the mid 80's. He still doesn't have a bachelors degree ? Well played sir. Well played.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bachelor’s degree?! Man…

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How is he not already invited to the Senior Bowl?

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@KBP Ball is in Stet's court - Senior Bowl says they want him there -- he has to say he will go.

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow! Hack didn't mention or praise JT Daniels once. First time for everything.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

You cannot comment on the article Mike just wrote about Stets draft odds. I’ll leave this here:

I feel the quotes re: Monk/Stets relationship are potentially misrepresented. Of course coaches and players have love-hate relationships at times. The coaches job is to be brutally hard on their players, creating uncomfortable dynamics as necessary to optimize potential….

I took these remarks (contextually) to mean they had similar stubborn/ passionate personalities so they put in-game communication mechanisms in place to buffer any counter-productiveness.

Maybe you don’t owe it to him; but as a hometown beat there’s certainly an opportunity to present an alternative narrative. All the same quotes could create a narrative of “even through personality differences and conflicting communication styles, they still lead UGA to 2 nattys”. This reflects neutrally on both of them while still representing the quotes for what they may of may not be.

Also, I only heard Monk say positive things about Stetson. Which, again, makes me question the negative context.

And the fact that all this supported by “it is something NFL teams have asked about” is weak, imho. Of course NFL teams have asked questions lol. They ask about the relationship between any player, position coach or coordinator prior to spending draft dollars.

Mike, I don’t get why your reporting of Stetson seems to have a slight negative lean. Higher draft selection for Stet reflects positively on the program, grows intrigue leading to more clicks. Maybe I’m overlooking something or being too critical out of appreciation for Stetson?

I just think the hometown beat would aim to write things that HELPED their 2x CFPNC MVP get drafted or at least would strive for neutrality and let the reader interpret as they may. This article seemed to have an unfairly negative slant.

Love your TV/YT appearances still, Mike. Just don’t get your angles often times.

Anyway……

@MikeGriffith

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Ddavis0777 Don't shoot the messenger. NFL teams have questions about the relationship -- because it's NOT normal for a QB not to be able to communicate directly with the OC -- that's why Stetson explained it -- and Stetson also admitted he questioned Monken and took "20 times" to do it his way

Of course another coaching staff would wonder about that.

But they have questions about EVERY quarterback and every player in the draft.

Stetson is a focal point because he's a two-time national champ QB who oddsmakers (shown in the story) believe has the best chance of not being drafted.

The good news is that Stetson can go to the Senior Bowl and play in front of all of the NFL coaches and show that his up and down relationship with Monken is an outlier ---

The facts present themselves -- this whole "feel sorry for stetson" stuff is ridiculous.

Stet doesn't want or need pity, he just wants and needs a chance.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

I appreciate the reply. And better understand your perspectives. I’m still a little hesitant to believe that the inquiries into the Stet/Monk dynamic are anything more than how any NFL team dissects the QB/OC dynamic to no end via interrogatories for EVERY SINGLE QB they have interest in. And I feel the article slants the reader to feel this attention is a focus that wouldn’t be directed in this manner under ordinary circumstances. What are the other things they are asking about? And how did these traits of strong willed-ness and dominance that allegedly plagued his relationship with his OC possibly position him for his past/future success? Imho the answers to these questions or at bare minimum a nod to that side of the coin would be appropriate given most all that article is slanted negatively towards the kid. There’s two sides to every coin and with Stet we “curiously” always tend to land on the negative side.

That said, your sources may be correct and that will parse itself out, but meanwhile this has to be filed away as nothing more than Jalen Carter having supposed “character/locker room issues”…. Of which I recall dawgnation writers hop, skipping and jumping to Jalen’s defense.

Hopefully he gets a shot and has a successful career. Being a multi-year NFL MVP, Super Bowl winner and HOF’er is probably the only way he’ll ever get a fair shake from the media after all. Lol

Mike, as ridiculous as you may feel the “feel sorry for Stetson” stuff is… but many of us feel similarly about the slanted coverage he’s received, even from some of those closest to the program. Just my $0.02.

• Options

Mike Griffith, simply put, you're a hack. We have two years worth of evidence that clearly shows your anti Stetson bias. The fact that you continue to mention the fact he has not yet having graduated, depite it not being relevant to the articles at all is more proof. Your statement that "he's a two-time national champ QB who oddsmakers (shown in the story) believe has the best chance of not being drafted" is a lie as well. The odds show he has a 60% chance at being drafted and a 40% chance of being a free agent. The lower percentages are on which round he is drafted. So you lie yet again. Further, as I said before your ignorance of the QB position was on full display after Georgia defeated Ohio State. Your praise of CJ Stroud was laughable as you basically implied Strouds game against Georgia was the way he typically played. As if the Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern games never happened. Your interview immediately after the game was telling as you implied had Stetson played better then there would have been no need for his late game heroics. Your criticism of Bennett is just ridiculous. You focus on the few mistakes while downplaying Bennett's achievements. You are the worst kind of writer: biased, bitter and self serving.

The good news for you is JT Daniels is at Rice this year so you can praise him a little while longer.

• Options

Doesn't take a whole lot of research to shoot down your biased articles: Here are FOX Bet's latest hypothetical odds on if Bennett gets drafted and in what slot.

ODDS ON STETSON BENNETT GETTING DRAFTED

• Yes: -250 (bet $10 to win $14 total)
    • No: +200 (bet $10 to win $30 total)

OVER/UNDER STETSON BENNETT DRAFT PICK NUMBER

• No. 155 (Round 5)