Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Junkyard Mail: Dawgs fans’ favorite moments from a special season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageJunkyard Mail: Dawgs fans’ favorite moments from a special season

UGA fans have lots of amazing memories from the 2022-23 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great favorite moment candidates. Excellent article all around, Bill.

One of my favorite moments was when, moments after the National Championship had been won, it became obvious that Kirby was already working to create another winning team next season.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great article, Bill. I always enjoy your writings.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will never forget the Tennessee game, for the atmosphere as well as all the reasons stated by others.

Some UGA ticket holder sold a single ticket for $500.00 to a young UT fan - who was clad in brand new UT Orange from head to toe. He was sitting behind me and my brother-in-law. We asked him how he was enjoying Athens, he said he had enjoyed it. He had made the drive to watch the game by himself. He had clearly drunk the Orange Kool-Aid and was convinced that UT would win, proclaiming, "Georgia has won their championship, now it's Tennessee's time." He stayed until the 7-minute mark in the 4th quarter.

You could see the complete shock on every UT fan in the stadium, as the Dawgs dominated their newly minted No.1 Vols.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My favorite singular moments of the year was that glorious 64-yard TD by Stet in the Auburn game… just watching him out run the defense was awesome….and that first, in your face, TD run by Stet versus Tennerssee after which he held up the imaginary phone to his ear to mock the Tennerssee fans in the stadium and those watching on TV….priceless!!

But my favorite overall game was the Tennerssee home game! Nothing can beat the feeling and electricity of us fans that day putting the national media on their respective ears…..especially one jag off named Erik Ainge!! Just a glorious day to be a Dawg fan!

Thanks, Bill!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate it that Monken might leave, but nobody (except Kirby Smart) on the UGA football staff is irreplaceable. We have treated Monken well, and he has performed well. We pay him extremely well. Evidently, he feels absolutely zero loyalty. This concerns me.... There are many other potential OCs that we could hire for the money we are paying Monken who would make sure we didn't miss Monken too much... All I ask is that Bobo not fill the job. He has already been there and we all know what that looked like.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Thanks Bill for another fun article. I agree with all the comments by readers regarding great moments in the season, but there is a critical series of plays that few have mentioned. The UT game was back and forth until there were 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter. UGA was leading 7-3, but the Vols had momentum and stopped us deep in our own territory. I believe it was at that moment that we took control of the game and the rest is history. We were forced to punt and launched one of the greatest kicks in UGA history (75 yards) down to the 1 yard line. On 3rd down Jalen Carter made one of his best plays in his career by crashing through the Vol offensive line and stripping the ball from Hooker on a brutal hit in the endzone. By some miracle UT recovered after a mad scramble and on the ensuing play they had a mediocre punt. On the first play from scrimmage Bennet hit Ladd on a bomb. UGA 14 Vols 3 and the beat down had started. That is a series of plays over 1-2 minutes that were definitely highlights of the season. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My favorite moment might be the 76 (?) yard TD pass to Arian. I was at the Peach Bowl and I can tell you Georgia fans there were absolutely sullen up to that moment… then it became one of the greatest games ever! When the kick was missed, my brother and I were jumping and dancing around so high (and yelling Go Dawgs! and Happy New Year! at the top of our lungs) that we almost fell down into the rows of seats below. 🤣

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Biden fell asleep during the TCU game

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Plenty of favorite moments from the season. Not necessarily my favorite but the play of the year was tackling the Mizzou player before he crossed the goal line. They score a TD instead of a FG and we probably don’t win that game. My unfavorite moment has been any of Bennett’s actions since the national championship game.

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Starks made that play, I believe, and you're right, it was huge in the game and huge for the season. I kept thinking we were eventually going to come back and win the Mizzou game but that stop kept us in range. It should definitely be remembered as one of the keys to the season.