Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Baltimore Ravens reportedly interview Todd Monken a second time for offensive coordinator opening

2»

Comments

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My guess: the teams remaining aren't going to pull the trigger on an OC until after the Super Bowl, likely. Brian Johnson, the Eagles QB coach and the former OC for Utah and Florida, is a guy that both Tampa and Baltimore should consider. For Baltimore, Johnson has a long history with mobile QBs (Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott). As for Tampa, their presumptive starting QB for 2023 is Kyle Trask (former 2nd round pick) and Johnson was his OC with the Gators for that 2020 record-setting offense.

And then there is the issue of the Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Bienemy. Despite being the OC for a team that is headed for their 3rd Super Bowl in 5 years (record-setting offense again despite their #1 RB and #2 WR injured and oh yeah no Tyreek Hill) NFL teams have been using the "it is Andy Reid's offense" as an excuse not to take him seriously (never mind that LOTS of former Andy Reid OCs have been hired as head coaches, making Bienemy the first and only Reid coordinator to go through this). So word has it that if the Chiefs win - which has a better chance of happening than people realize - Bienemy might make a lateral move just to remove the excuses.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thadec

Hey, you gave an opinion without being condescending. That's good! Keep it up!

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ColumbusDawg I agree with your comment …”and not all the extra that comes with coaching in college vs the NFL.”

as you get older, family time becomes more important

BAMA just hired Notre Dame's OC.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with dallasdawg. I click on dawgnation with one eye closed, fearing the "monken leaves" headline. Smart's a master, but losing this piece of the machine will leave a huge hole (to mix my metaphors).

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

That is an awful lot of smoke for no fire. Seems CTM wants back in the NFL pretty bad.

Not sure why. CTM will never be an NFL HC. The NFL teams are all looking for the up and coming, offensive minded, YOUNG assistant to promote to HC. And I don't believe CTM wants to be a CFB HC. Way, WAY too much work.

That leaves him already in the perfect spot.

Some folk say we just insert Bobo and never skip a beat. I guess they believe like SB does, it’s not about the x’s and o’s, it’s about the Jimmies and Joes.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023