Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State and Michigan reveal why they were eager to ‘get hands on’ Georgia last season

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

……and LSU…and Tennessee…..and Florida…..and the list is growing. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Much respect for the team, can't say so much for the coach. The team unfortunately lost that game, Ryan Day was still on the sideline screaming at refs about a missed NOT TARGETING call. Might be why the kicker missed, all he could hear was Ryan Day's bickering on the sideline.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep…..60 minute game, don’t see any mention of our 2 missed FG’s.

It never comes down to one player or play. Best team always wins, team effort.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Pod had hit the two FGs he missed, the game wouldn't have "come down" to the missed FG at the end. if some other plays had turned out differently, the game would have been different. Right?

“We felt like they were a little bit fat and lazy..." Oops! Bless his heart.

As a Dawg fan for 51 years, I have more empathy for Ronnie Bell. But, I guess his team might take a lesson about not looking past the next opponent.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, if Pod had hit the field goals the final score would have been different, but his two missed field goals did not cost us the game and their missed field goal did cost them the game.

I have never understood the narrative that the game does not come down to one play. Sure, it can and almost in every sport. Every play we made during the game led us to 42 points. Up until their last attempted field goal, every one of their plays had led them to 41 points. So yes, it they make the field goal, that one play would have won them the game and conversely, missing that kick cost them the game. All of the other plays mattered and played a definite part in the game and positioned them to where if they make one more play, they win. They didn't and they lost.

I believe that narrative is a way to keep the outcome from solely resting on one player's shoulders in a loss, but one player and one play can be the difference in winning and losing.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

ftworthdawg Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

10:16AM

take a number behind Bama in the revenge vs Dawgs line.

Well stated Ftworthdawg!!!

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TCU beating Michigan wasn’t a surprise to me because on selection Sunday for the playoffs, the first words out of their coach’s mouth was Georgia, not TCU. I’m sure TCU took notice of that and turned it into a big upset. Bring them all on next year! Beat everyone!! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

One of the biggest reasons Michigan lost to TCU was because they spent a month thinking about Georgia and taking TCU for granted.

Ohio State had us on the ropes for sure. After Michigan lost, the feeling inside MBS was they we were watching the national championship game.

We were correct.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohio St. threw everything they had at us, I'll give them that. Even the coach was more animated on the sideline(evern the announcers made mention of it) than usual. They came in angry and with a chip on their shoulder having been embarrased by MIchigan, "they were soft the critics said" much the same way we were embarrassed by BAMA in the SECC game in 2021. Our players got together after that defeat and got in better shape leading into the Michigan game and we took out our wrath on the Wolverines and that carried over to the NC game.

We hadn't truly been tested like that all season. But we rose to the occasion. SB found his mojo again late, just like in the NC game against BAMA and the rest is history.

HIstory does on occassions repeat itself.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All this forward malice from two losers......yes, losers. OSU lost to Michigan and UGA. TCU beat Michigan...UGA destroyed TCU....enough said.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Call me Nostradamus, but after beating Michigan and Ohio State in consecutive playoffs, I have a preminition that we will be facing off against Penn State in the playoffs next season. That will make it a clean sweep through the Big 10 powers!

• Options
    BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep! And this why i thought TCU had a real chance to take down Michigan. Michigan was focused on the Dawgs and OSU, and stepped right into the trap game.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

That is incredibly myopic view. If Podlesney makes even 1 FG, it changes every play call after it. Every play except the opening kickoff (and with scripting, even that could be argued) is the sum of the plays before it, not a single individual play with no reliance on the plays before it. They lost not because they missed the FG, they lost because every play led them to kick a FG they missed.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Michigan would have been ran through, The Ohio State had us down by 14 in the forth.... 15-0 Back to Back....that is all!