Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Todd Monken to leave Georgia, hired as Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageTodd Monken to leave Georgia, hired as Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator

Georgia is looking for a new offensive coordinator, as Todd Monken has accepted the offer to be the Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Bye, drama reduced, next up. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not the x's and o's , it's the Jimmy's and Joes. Or we're about to find out!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s one thing to call plays for the team with the best players and another thing in the NFL where no team is extremely more talented than the others. It will be interesting to see how the Ravens do with Coach Monken calling plays. Of course, I wish him great success in the NFL.

Thanks Coach for your three seasons calling plays for the Dawgs!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2023

I suspect Kirby has already been on the hunt. Hopefully he finds someone like minded to monkens style. We don't really need a complete new style offense to come in. That always causes regression. Would be terrible to go back 2 back national championships and then have a severe fall back. (Lsu 2019 season -2020 season)

**On dawgs247, already saying Bobo has been promoted.**

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not surprised! This drug on for too long to be a negotiating ploy for a guy who was already the highest paid assistant in college football. It felt like Monken wanted to leave for whatever reason. I'm sure KS has a short list to replace Monken, and Bobo has to be on that list. I will say don't count out Bobo and Bryan McClendon as co-offensive coordinators similar to what KS did with Muschamp and Shuman last year.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the words of Curly Bill……

well…. Bye

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

A few more observations/comments... It was never about absolute dollars or even awards/trophies for Monken... what it was we may never know, but the fact that he even interviewed in the first place told me he was leaving because he wanted something different, despite any "logic" any of us poured into the situation.

I'll be forever grateful for what he did while here. He made a significant difference, and I wish him similar success wherever he goes.

Like some of the boyfriends and girlfriends of my kids over the years, they might be wonderful people, but I try not to get too attached because people move on.

The program and culture Kirby built has massive inertia and is fully sustainable, certainly much bigger than any one coach or player.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Told you guys TM was two feetout the door the minute the clock struck 0.00 after the NC game. I'm happy this 3 week saga is past Kirby and his program. My gut tells me Bobo is our new OC and will do a great job for the future of the Bulldawg program.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BoBo averaged just 20 points per game as our OC against FLorida in 7 years. Maybe he's gotten better.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Monken has provided a great blueprint; we just need to continue the success with the plan that's worked well already. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With the Dawgs defense for 2023, that 20 points against FU will give us a double-digit win in Jacksonville!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a great OC and wish him the best of luck. There is no debate between play calling or players. You need both - when you have elite talent like UGA has you need elite play calling and Monken provided that in spades. Hoping Bobo can do the same. Go DAWGS

• Options
    shamymaxshamymax Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Fired as a head coach and OC twice. Kirby values friendship way too much. I wonder how many of the WR's stick with their commitments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here we go!😎