Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media reacts to hiring of Mike Bobo as Georgia football offensive coordinator

SystemSystem Posts: 11,134 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageSocial media reacts to hiring of Mike Bobo as Georgia football offensive coordinator

Kirby Smart did not keep Georgia fans guessing. There would be no drama or drawn out interview process.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Bobo will do well. It'll of course be Kirby oriented, but he done more with less back in the day under richt. If he doesn't do well, then I'm sure Kirby will right the ship. All the expectations of a 3-peat is clouding judgement on this hire. We've done something that hasn't been done in a long time in winning back to back. But we could already see the writing on the wall with monken. I say give Bobo a shot, again. Now if we come out and avg 20-25 a game from the start, expect Kirby to make an immediate fix. And for all the smoke with monken's leaving/Bobo being hired, no one is paying attention to whether or not any other offensive coach decides to leave. That's where the offense starts unraveling.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Not sure about this hire. I never liked Bobo that much and always questioned his play calling years ago when he was leading the Dawg's offense. He frustrated the heck out of me at times.

Only hope Bobo learned a few things from Monken...nothing to do about it but wait and see.

Transfer portal may get active for some folks come May 1st...

Maybe Todd will leave his playbook and "what-to-do-if-this-happens" answer sheets for Bobo to follow!!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't even read this article because I don't give a rat's behind what social media says. Matter of fact, I think "social media" in many ways is the bane of society. But on this topic of Georgia's OC, I wouldn't mind hearing what either Monken or Bobo have to say... that'd be far more relevant and interesting to this Georgia fan. Go Dawgs!

I look at it this way...Bobo is going to have to prove he can step in and keep the ball rolling. He doesn't have a good track record no matter what kind of excuses or not ideal situations he was put in when he was an OC elsewhere (South Carolina, Auburn). His record is Joe Average honestly. All I know is under Monken the Georgia Offense has beaten more Top elite teams than we EVER have under any OC. We've beaten Bama, TCU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, Clemson, and the unbeaten and supposed unbeatable Tennessee Vols this year. When Monken was hired for the 2020 season, he had to work with and call plays for 3 different QBs during the season, but we still finished in the Top 10 and beat a good Cincinnati team in the Peach Bowl.

I hope Mike has learned a lot under Monken. He will need to earn the trust of the offense and the QBs like Monken was able to do. We may lose Vandagriff now, because he stated that the only reason he has stayed at UGA and not transferred is because of Monken and the amount of knowledge and growth that he has gained under his guidance.

Can Bobo do the same? Again, he'll have to prove it. He's been given a golden opportunity with elite offensive players. The silver platter has been handed to him. He was a safe hire. Maybe he was the right hire. But there are no excuses this time around.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

666 in 13!!!??? And ranked 13th best on top of it?!!??? That’s some crazy juju, y’all. That may be the worst sign of anything you can throw at me numbers-wise.

Idunno, though. I’ve said some at-least mildly disparaging things about Bobo here. It’s not wrong to note just how many back-to-back up-the-middle plays the guy has called. But, in the end, I trust that Smart knows what he’s doing. Yeah, he and Bobo are longtime buddies, but I don’t think for a second that that’s clouding his judgment. I trusted him to put SBIV in. I trusted him to KEEP SBIV in. I trusted him to hire Monken. I guess I’m going to have to trust him to replace him, too.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You do know that these message boards are also social media, right? I mean, to one degree, I get what you’re saying, and DN is a much more… isolated?… community, but you should still realize your complicity. It’s all just people sharing ideas. Although, I doubt any of y’all want to see me model anything 🤣🤣🤣 Just yanking ya, khummel. GO DAWGS!

• GBALGBAL Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Trust Kirby. Weigh risk vs reward. Low risk and high potential reward with Bobo. Like it.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I figured I'd get this reply... yes, I'm aware that in the broadest sense, this message board is social media. I'm referring to things like twitter, instagram, facebook, where you have random people spouting off as experts on random things, with mechanisms for spreading it like wildfire. This board is among people with a common interest-- UGA sports... very different. So maybe my assumption that the social media referenced in this headline isn't the kind I believe is hooey. And I apologize to anyone whose feelings I hurt by criticizing their favorite pastime. But I'd still like to hear from the guys directly involved in this big change, Monken and Bobo themselves. Go Dawgs!

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A YUGE step back. YYYUUUUUUUUUGGGEEE.

And 1000 to 1 if Smart didn’t bring us two titles back to back, this would NOT be who he’d hire to fill Monken’s spot. No way, no how. Those back to back’s give him a TON of rope…Bobo “first and ****” is a train wreck.