Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia basketball has ‘pretty cool’ opportunity to shock the world at Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,968 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball has ‘pretty cool’ opportunity to shock the world at Alabama

ATHENS — If Georgia basketball is to make any sort of conventional regular-season run for an NCAA tournament bid, it must start today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach White: “Obviously, we’re going to have to play by far our best game to be competitive, but we’ll see.” Not exactly exuding confidence. We wish the Dawgs well. Defense will have to really spark. Hot three-pointers and maybe, just maybe, UGA could topple them.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BAMA will kill em in rebounds...and, the Dawgs will kill themselves through sloppy ball-handling. That' been their MO.

BUT....Till UGA gets physical under the basket, that will be the case against every SEC opponent. You can't give a team like BAMA 2 or 3 shots at the basket, to your 1 or 2. Their only chance to beat a team like BAMA on their own court...is at the foul line, 3-pointers and press defense.

White says they're "the most conditioned team in the SEC". He needs to prove it...TONIGHT!

edited February 2023

Pffffffttt....4 minutes into the game...and it's OVER. Lol

Dawgs are giving a hot shooting Alabama Team, all day from behind the arch, to line up a have shooting practice. Lol...and if they miss...they get the rebound and bang in 2.

UGA can't just go toe-to-toe with a team that is bigger and more talented. My question is this...what the hell is White doing. His only advantage, is supposedly...conditioning. So, use it.

Ridiculous effort. Is he trying to WIN...or, just trying to survive.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 389 ✭✭✭ Junior

55-25 at half…nope, not gonna happen, Mike Ice Tea, 2 creams 5 sugars!

• KBPKBP Posts: 384 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bama just played Georgia on my mind during a timeout. That's not cool..at all, SMH.

• StAugDawgStAugDawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

So much for being ready. This article needs to be taken down, thrown in the trash and burned…

edited February 2023

Good. They earned it. White is not...repeat...NOT coaching these guys up. At all.

There is no way in hell, why a school with UGA's resources can't compete better than that. I mean...at least be competitive. Run a full court press for a whole game. Get in their faces at half court and stop FORCING shots, when you can pass to an open man. Shoot the ball when they leave you wide open...daring you to shoot the ball. I get, "trying to eat up clock"...but, their ball handling skills are atrocious. That's coaching.

I can't stand watching the kind of incompetence White is displaying. You base your team's overall approach on the available talent. And, White is not doing that. It would be like CKS running an air-raid style offense with receivers that looked like Jordan Davis. Lol

Hire a freakin' "Real Coach", UGA. I'm sure Kirby will loan you the money. 🤣