Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia star Jalen Carter statement: plans to be ‘fully exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,530 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia star Jalen Carter statement: plans to be ‘fully exonerated of any criminal wrongdoing’

INDIANAPOLIS — Jalen Carter is returning to Athens intent on exoneration after being charged with racing and reckless driving related to the tragic crash that killed teammate Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

A 2021 Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk with a Hellcat V-8 motor is a monster machine with a sticker price over $91,000! That is a lot of vehicle for someone in their early 20's.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2023

I have to think that the prior reckless driving and racing charges had something to do with McShay’s comments about character.

This won’t be popular, but the University has to take back more responsibility for discipline of athletes and athletic staff than it currently has. The days of Kirby saying we will handle it internally can no longer fly. It doesn’t for other university students or staff.

At a minimum, there needs to be a return to a separation between students and staff. There is no reason for 24 year old staff to be socializing with students at 2 in the morning with alcohol involved. Situations like that need to be met with immediate termination for staff and suspensions for students

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Obviously, there needs to be more oversight between staff and players. I understand that there was not a great age difference between the recruiting staff and players involved. All the more reason why they should have not been out together at 2am visiting **** clubs and racing vehicles drunk. What a tragic story and what a stain on the football dept. I agree with another poster that said that staff members should be automatically fired for something like this. It's a shame it turned out the way it did.

• Options
    Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exonerated??? What a joke of an approach. If that is what happens, all it means is a connected lawyer helped pull some strings to help J Carter avoid the consequences of his actions. Time to pay the piper, Jalen. You play dangerous games, you may win undesirable consequences ... see teammate Devin Willock & staffer Chandler Lecroy. Prayers to all, especially Carter as he was directly involved in the 2 deaths. No matter the legal outcome, this is a tragedy the university could have done without. So sorry for the loss of life and the enduring pain survivors will have to cope with the rest of their days. Past time for UGA to bring down the hammer and tighten up on all fronts as this whole event (and others) have cast UGA in a very unfavorable light. What should have been a time of unbridled happiness with back to back Nattys has turned into soap opera caliber revelations. We know about SBIV, JDJ, JB and RRT. What else has gone unreported? HC Smart and AD Brooks can no longer take the "in house" approach to discipline as it clearly is not working worth a tinker's dam.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

I’m sure not passing judgement as I’d be throwing rocks in my own glass house. Lord knows (and He does !!) I made allot of very bad decisions. Back in the days of my youth I’d probably have been involved in this. No I’m certainly not proud of that, actually it shames me. But I try Hard to talk to young people about these dangerous decisions. When I talk to them I Try to talk Across to them not Down to them.@DallasDawg like you said many won’t listen, but maybe Some will so it’s well worth the effort. I commend You and many others here that Try to reach our young people with wise advice to help guide them. I actually read an article several weeks ago on another site about them having been at a Club. But I didn’t post anything here for Two reasons, I didn’t know how valid the article was and it wasn’t long after these young people’s demise, so I wanted to be respectful ( Still do) and not bring it up. Oh gracious I feel so bad for their families. I cannot begin to fathom how they must feel. May the Lord give them All His very special peace that surpasses all human understanding.

• Options
    SatbodSatbod Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    SatbodSatbod Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

I am sure this will P O a great many but there increasingly seems to be a need for some serious adult supervision of the football program…