Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jalen Carter turns himself in, released on bond for reckless driving, racing charges

SystemSystem Posts: 11,132 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter turns himself in, released on bond for reckless driving, racing charges

Former Georgia defensive tackle was back in Athens on Wednesday, as he turned himself in to authorities after an arrest warrant was issued for misdemeanor racing and reckless driving charges.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JP3JP3 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

You should probably put his name in the lead.

• saldivensaldiven Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

So much drama over a couple of misdemeanor traffic violations. He's going to get a fine and probably a suspended/restricted driver's license, maybe probation, and that will be the end of it. This will have zero impact upon his draft stock. He didn't beat up his girlfriend, he didn't pull a gun on someone, he didn't sell meth out of his apartment, he didn't raise money for ISIS, etc. I would bet that the vast majority of guys reading or commenting on this story (including the ones writing the stories or talking about it on the radio/TV) have on at least one occasion driven a car on a public road in excess of 100 mph and maybe did or did not get caught for it. I did it when I was 17, got a ticket, went to court where I paid my fine and had 6 months of a restricted license. But, because Carter is an athlete and this is a slow news period for college football, it becomes a "huge" story because the sports media outlets need material to fill up content requirements.

I'll continue. Right now, on ESPN, they're discussing how this will impact Carter's draft stock. After the draft, when it is shown that it had zero impact on Carter's draft stock, they'll be discussing how it didn't impact his draft stock. This has absolutely nothing to do with the seriousness of the issue, solely the desire to create content for the media outlet in question.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks to "muckrakers" like Mike G, this tragic accident is his opportunity to throw mud at everyone from KS, JB, JC, and the entire football team, to the Georgia Standard....Having, also been convicted of the same offense, without the same tragic consequences, THANK GOD, I think this is a matter of little consequence....no matter what the powers that be do, young people make bad decisions and get **** results. JC will carry the burden of his bad decision for the rest of his life.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely 100%. The only thing that makes the situation worse is, they literally wait until he's about to approach millionaires who are gonna change his life financially, then come out with this. To me, it should've already been handled if he was already part of the investigation prior. Not wait a month and a half and literally a life changing week for him and decide to then put out an arrest warrant. Kind of like the whole Todd Gurley debacle. Leading the Heisman voting, having a monster season, and poof, he's front and center for autographs. Which in hindsight, 4000 is petty chump change to these guys nowadays.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh, THAT makes sense. Two people dead, two others injured -- one severely -- and the authorities should have rushed to make a decision about the one person involved who was not hurt or killed, so as not to mess up the rest of HIS life because, after all, what happens to Jalen Carter is THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT of this entire situation. Sheesh! Give me a break. The fact that he is only being charged with misdemeanors should be cause enough for celebration for him and his family. The LeCroy and Willock families are dealing with so much more, and will do so forever.

• DoggoneDoggone Posts: 118 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

Not the first time ole Jalen has had a heavy foot. https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/clarke-county/slow-down-dude-uga-star-caught-going-40-mph-over-speed-limit-months-before-racing-arrest/MMYY4DK65BFSVM4HO6ZORPNW7Y/ Maybe he'll be able to afford a chauffeur. Safe driving for the safety sake of others should not be rocket science.

• StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Makes one wonder if this is beginning of legal woes for Carter. It's not as simple as a couple of moving violations. He's linked directly to the fatal crash. No he wasn't driving the vehicle that wrecked but he appears to have been racing the other vehicle. So did his action(s) lead to or contribute to the accident?

If Carter had not been speeding or racing against the other vehicle would have this tragedy occurred?

He may still end up being charged with felony vehicular homicide before this is over.