Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett begins next chapter of football journey at NFL Combine

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett begins next chapter of football journey at NFL Combine

INDIANAPOLIS — Stetson Bennett will open a new chapter in his storybook football career at the NFL Combine on Friday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Show'em what you got Mail Man!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Mail Man Delivers!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Griffith has to red line a player’s mistake but does not mention any of his thousands of yards and the fact he makes people around him better and they him? And all of this crap about him in a back up role only. I think quarterback greats like Drew Brees and to go old school Fran Tarkenton should feel insulted. It seems the NFL and Griffith are prejudiced against people of short stature. They are even dishing on Bryce Young with concerns that he can not physically handle the pounding because of his size. Well I saw some prototypical quarterbacks that could not handle the hits this year as well. So that is a bunch of crap.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sir, Mike is just reporting facts! That is his job to keep us informed as fans. Why do we criticize our beat writers so much? Just because you don't like something and it's news that doesn't give you the right to criticize Mike, Connor, or Jeff. The guys put in a lot of time researching and writing articles in a short period of time. I am happy with our beat writers. Thanks Guys! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Bennett, projected as a late-round pick, still figures to be one of the more talked about players at the NFL Combine”

Yet in a quick google search I find grades of “mid to late” or “as high as third round”.

MG’s just always gonna slant it negatively for SBIV. I wonder if he’ll write about him for months to years after he left like Fields, and Daniels. Doubt it.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are exactly right, we ought to treat our best writers fairly. And as such, if it becomes evident that one of them intentionally and consistently slants their reporting one way or another on a given topic then it ought to be scrutinized. We are his customer at the end of the day…. If this was any other form of service where our patronage supported another’s income/employment opportunity and we aimed to continue working with them then we’d certainly point out any concerns. Or if we didn’t intend to, then we’d just move in. Well, given DN is one of the preferred methods for most of us to rely on for Bulldog Reporting, we feel compelled to provide that feedback.

No one’s feedback on his reporting here is unfair either imho. He usually cherry picks statements, omits verbiage, or selectively reports details to support his articles end goals rather than delivering facts. I’d argue it can get clickbait-ish. It’s become brutally obvious he slants things negatively for Stetson. If that wasn’t the case, it would be a minority here complaining (which I recall when it was); but now it seems there is a 60/40-50/50 perception on the fairness of his reporting on SBIV.

MG just needs to check his biases before he publishes and we’d all be plenty happy, and enjoy digesting his perspectives (as we often do on other subject matter or mediums… ie his YouTube series with coach CJP). I don’t think he’s a bad journalist all around, I just feel he’s got an ax to grind with Stetson or really just UGA’s handling of the QB position overall throughout the years he’s been on the beat, and that is evident in his reporting.

Anyway, just my $0.02. Cheers to a good combine for our athletes, and go dawgs in the draft and onward.