Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud had more to say about Georgia football at NFL Combine

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud had more to say about Georgia football at NFL Combine

INDIANAPOLIS — C.J. Stroud was very nearly a Georgia football player, and that might be part of the reason he has shown such respect for the Bulldogs even through the NFL Combine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

Much respect to him and his team. They, quite frankly, owned that game. But we had the same experience with Bama on 2 different occasions. Keep digging and make it to the games that matter. In Kirby We Trust. IKWT

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

“But shoutout to Georgia , man they are a great football team, but at the end of the day we proved who we are, not only as players, but as a program.” They had to prove it, but our beloved Dawgz already knew we are a great football team that came ready to play. I hope has a stellar career in the league C. J. Stroud.😎

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good for him. SB4 had more yds, better completion %, more rush yds this past season. I saw somewhere that SB4 didn't attempt a pass in the 4th qtr in either 7 or 8 games.

• Options
    JETJET Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman
    edited March 2023

C.J = Classy young man. Hope his NFL career is a very successful one. 😎

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Oldddawg76

Let SB IV and CJ Stroud switch rosters and then see who has better numbers. Before you answer that question, remember how SB IV looked in 2020 on a UGA team that wasn't nearly as talented at OL, TE, RB and on defense as the 2021 and 2022 editions were. And in the process remember that SB IV was actually older in 2020 - the year that he had 55% completions and got benched twice - than Stroud is now. In other words, stats without context are misleading.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Loranwhaddayagot 100%. You could probably call holding on someone every play. And I hate calling out refs because over the course of the game, things usually even out. But I almost busted a gut screaming at the TV half the night on the non-calls. "Wow, I guess Jalen Carter isn't that good." Hell, double/triple-teamed and tackled on most plays. It was egregious. And all the tOSU folks want to talk about is the totally legal, big-boy-football hit on Harrison. Fortunately, our 4th quarter, much like the 4th Q vs. Bama the prior year, was a thing of beauty! Go Dawgs.