Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Darnell Washington makes unreal one-hand catch to cap monster NFL combine performance

SystemSystem Posts: 11,039 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageDarnell Washington makes unreal one-hand catch to cap monster NFL combine performance

It simply wasn’t enough for Darnell Washington to run a speedy 4.65 40-yard dash at 264 pounds. Nor did obliterating the blocking shed in drills do enough for Washington to win the combine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That ain’t fair

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Big man made Mayer from Notre Dame- who some idiots claim is the best TE-Look like a girl playing against a grown man.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I almost spewed my coffee when he made that catch !! Big O is a Beast !!!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imagine being one of thos 6’2 corners trying to stop that? 🤦‍♂️

If Darnell can stay healthy and if he puts in the work and study of the game at the pro level, which I’m Extremely Confident he will. I predict he’s gonna be a Super Star TE in the NFL in short order. I have to confess I Knew the man was a Beast before today. And I figured he’d do pretty well at the Combine. But for a man His Size he absolutely blew me away !! And I think he blew the evaluators away as well !! I Knew effort wouldn’t be a problem. And just his size alone gives him some advantages. But WOW !!’ That Dude is So athletic when you Really consider the things he can do at his size !! Now think about him not having to go to classes his Total focus on football. The NFL will refine him into an absolute Freak !!! Secretly Defenders will be thinking, Lord I hope one of my teammates makes the tackle before I have to Try !! 😀 Man he’s gonna hurt some folks in the secondary !!

• SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

IMO, grossly under-utilized red zone opportunities for Big 0. Great to see him flash today…DGD!

• LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

The most startling number above is 11 inches for the hands. And now we see what you can do with a hand the size of a first baseman’s mitt!

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 206 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs have had the best TE’s in the game the last two years. I have to say the talent was & is still there for many more 65-7 games. Big 0 always gives 110%. Should be #1 TE off the board!

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Granted, 11 inch hand is huge. But for his size, Bennett's 10 inch hand was more impressive.

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior

@navydawg and @thadec 100% and @SloanDawg 150%.

But wow, there are many UGA haters out there. Look at the Twitter comments on the NFL Network feed: "OK catch on Saturday; not a catch on Sunday." "Looks awkward coming off the line of scrimmage." Too many "anti-SEC" comments to count.

Not sure how much is real hate and how much is smoke - but he blew away the blocking sled, ran faster in the 40 than the media darling (Meyers from ND), made a nice catch ;-) and interviewed well.

Will be really interesting to see how that TE group does on draft day.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget that he got BOTH feet in. After playing your whole life at only needing one foot in, getting that second one in shows he is ready to play today. I predict a long NFL future for him.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lots of people were underutilized on offense save Ladd McConkey, whose role was bigger than his relative talent (not that McConkey isn't good but several guys on offense are better) but it is impossible to argue with the results: 29-1 and 2 national titles in the toughest conference in football.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You always state your (very fringe) opinions as ‘facts’. 🤣

@BigFan Yeah those commenting were sweating whether his toe was barely in bounds or barely out of bounds in a no game drill !! 🙄 They didn’t bother to recognize the athleticism for a man That size to make That move !! Their probably 99% just everyday fans like me. But Be Assured the NFL guys saw it and took note !! I’m Extremely Confident his whole body of work increased his draft stock on Sat. And all those Dawg hating SEC hating fans, they just Hate that the Dawgs have Back2Back Nattys and are about to 3peat !! Go Dawgs !!