Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia 2023 NFL Combine leaders vs. numbers of elite Bulldogs of the past

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia 2023 NFL Combine leaders vs. numbers of elite Bulldogs of the past

INDIANAPOLIS — The NFL Combine has turned into its own television event, full of hype and sensationalism that might lead some to believe entire draft profiles were flipped.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting.

Long line of very high caliber Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like… for QBs… you left out a few things. However, of course, there isn’t an objective way to measure throwing performance at the combine—except the ball speed drill. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@hemingwey -- not all the QBs tested in all the events --- for the purposes of archiving, I have the 40, BJ, VJ and Bench going back 20 years

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

True.

In any event, I thought Bennett had a better than expected Combine, notably in the ball speed drill, 20 yard shuttle, and his throws in general. I think his performance will help him somewhat in the draft.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SB now expected to go early on day 3 or in the 4th round. I say he slips into the 3rd round with his good showing. His 59 mph velocity is up there with the stronger arm qb’s for comparison Jalen Hurts was 54-55 and Patrick Mahoney was 61.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith Great write up Mike !! Couldn’t agree more that NFL teams won’t just toss game film in lieu of one day drills at a combine. Everything is factored in. The Combine is fun to watch. And it Is considered to some degree I’m sure, but it’s not the whole enchilada !! That’s why I think though Kenny Mac’s 40 time was only so-so, these scouts have probably seen him live in real games, and if not will certainly review film. I Do hope he has a great Pro-Day to help pad his stock a smidge though. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Leonard Pope and Ben Watson, those were two great Dawgs before Darnell’s time. I can almost visualize Leonard Pope in my mind even now !!