Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 5-star Georgia defensive back Jaheim Singletary transfers to Arkansas

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer 5-star Georgia defensive back Jaheim Singletary transfers to Arkansas

Another former Bulldog has found a new home, as Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman announced that Jaheim Singletary had joined the Arkansas program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1st it was supposed to be Florida, because he was homesick. Which I totally understand, and also super glad he didn't go there. But to arkansas, just shows he wasn't prepared for kirby's practice mentality. No knock on him, probably has all the talent in the world, but some people just aren't built for that. And that's happening more and more these days. It's the new mentality of these youngsters, across the US. If it's a little tough, do something else.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep; the fact that he didn't go to Gainesville is a win. Had read that he was homesick as well. Not sure why he left, but wish the kid the best. Georgia is so deep on that side of the ball that you can understand a kid looking up and wondering when they would find the field. Even a former 5 Star.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We are better off without him!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rankings, smankings. Kid saw the writing on the wall. FOr whatever reason, coach's doghouse, work ethic, ranking was overblown, he just wan't a good fit. Good luck.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Completely unfounded and shows a lack of knowledge about CFB. Rankings are based on skill, potential and projections. This kid is skilled with athletic ability to excel and play at the Sunday level. He is hardly expected to be a finished player at 18-19 years old.

At UGA CB's are expected to tackle and support the run D. The reason he didn't play at UGA , at 170 lbs, is he was not physically developed enough to play safely at the SEC level. After a couple of years in the practice and weight program he would be ready. For whatever reason he decided he didn't want to wait to play. His prerogative.

But a flippant comment from an uninformed poster says more about you than it does about Singletary.

• Options

@UGADad20

I just quoted CKS about rankings. He's the one who constantly says, it's not about the rankings. The kid was the number 5 highest ranked kid in Fla if my memory serves me correctly, no doubt he thought he could cruise right in and start playing right away. Based on what? HIs ranking.

However, he wasn't good enough to start versus the guys we already had. Do you disagree with that? If you do, then you're going against CKS when he says if you're good enough to play, you will.

I didn't take anything away from what he may be "one day". I listed several possible reasons why he couldn't get on the field. One of those was perhaps his ranking was overblown. It wouldn't be the 1st time would it?

You're answer is he was just too small. According to his scouting report his size was a10, with a 10 being the tops. HIs speed was listed as 7and his change of direction and his hips were a 7. Hum! He was listed at 170 coming out of HS. Do you seriously think he hasn't added 10-12 pounds of muscle being in the program for several months? If he felt like he was inline to start this coming season, don't you think he woud have stayed? He obviously wasn't feeling like that was going to happen. We can only surmise as to why.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm right. But my opinions are just as valid as yours. In the end, I didn't criticize the kid. I wished him well. Have a good day!

• Options
    edited March 2023

"coach's doghouse, work ethic, ranking was overblown, he just wan't a good fit." Didn't criticize? 3 of YOUR 4 possible "reasons" for Singletary's departure were negative. Clearly you meant to impugn his level of talent because he left.

Size. His HEIGHT/LENGTH was a 10. His weight as a freshman was not a ten. But he had the frame to grow into a elite D1 player. His weight added by January does not help him tackle in Sept, Oct or Nov.

Rankings. Singletary must've been pretty good, regardless of "ranking", since CKS recruited him hard enough to flip him from OSU.

Size

Jaheim Singletary has good height and excellent length at cornerback. He has started to bulk up but still has room to add good weight to his frame. Singletary will have the blend of height, length and strength to match-up with most college receivers.

Athleticism

Singletary shows good athleticism on the football field. He has good short area quickness and is able to close on plays quickly and effectively. He also changes directions well, whether in man coverage or to make a play on a ball thrown in his area. Singletary has good long speed as well, and can run step for step with most receivers downfield.

Scouting report CFB Saturdays Staff.

That is about as sterling a scouting report as a HS CB can have.

Your "reasons" for his leaving were unfounded and uninformed. Which is what I said in the 1st place.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with your thoughts on this @UGADad20 . And you can bet your last money that if he was such a bust, such a low-performer, in the coach's doghouse, or whatever other negative comment people want to make about him -- he would NOT be with Sam Pittman at Arkansas, not as close as he and Kirby are. The kid may have -- MAY HAVE -- overvalued his abilities and think he can do better elsewhere. If so, he wouldn't be the first to think like that and you know what, God bless him. He did no one wrong. Hope things work out for him. Go Dawgs!

• Options

No one knows why he left except those connected with him. I stated possible reasons. Possible. My critics are basically saying none of those reasons are possible. Wow! Mighty sure of yourself don’t you think? Supposedly he was just homesick and was headed back to be near family In Jacksonville. However he ends up a 2 days journey from home. But that’s neither here nor there. There could of course be some other reason(s) and I suppose none of us will ever know for sure. But other than some type of mental issues(and I’m not insinuating there is) football players who are being positively stroked and receiving lots of “love” from their coaches and who believe they are in good shape to start next season don’t just pull up their tent and head off to parts unknown. That’s ludicrous! And weight heading into next season has nothing to do with it.lol! But I am being too critical ? So says the guy who kept saying SB has a weak arm? I want quote you what the scouts at the combine said about his arm. Face palm.

• Options

SBIV's arm is questionable. Especially his consistency. The combine was a day at the beach compared to facing a D and making throws.

As Daniel Jeremiah reported from his NFL sources, "inconsistent, worm burners (new one for me), streaky, He is just a little bit streaky, a little inconsistent there.”

Even Kiper had SBIV "in the 3rd rd" before the combine and in the 4th rd after the combine.

Singletary's weight "heading into next season"? You should work on your reading comprehension. CKS will never put a freshman on the field who is not physically ready to protect himself while being competitive.

Based on your comments you apparently know what is happening behind the scenes at UGA (Singletary) AND what will happen in the future (SBIV's career). You are wasting your time here (and ours) you should be in Vegas with that type of insight. Face Punch.

• Options

Was thinking the same thing. CKS/Pittman are close. If there were any issues or skill questions with Singletary it is doubtful he would be going to Ark to play for Pittman.

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

@UGADad20 "Based on your comments you apparently know what is happening behind the scenes at UGA (Singletary) AND what will happen in the future (SBIV's career)".

No, that is you. You are always here giving everyone spreading your opinions as if they're fact. They're not. Your opinions are short sighted and unsupported at best.

@UGADad20 "SBIV's arm is questionable. Especially his consistency"

He tied Will Levis for the strongest throw. His arm strength is not questionable. You know that but you still have to justify your previous bs comments. I see you did change your latest criticism to "consistency" whereas, up until the combine, he underthrew all his long balls, according to you, because of his weak arm. You're a joke.

@UGADad20 "Even Kiper had SBIV "in the 3rd rd" before the combine and in the 4th rd after the combine.

Yeah, except you're using those statements totally out of context. Kiper said “I thought Bennett had an outstanding workout Saturday, both in the passing drills and in the athletic testing,". That really doesn't sound like someone who believes Stetsons stock is dropping.? Of course maybe you could try using the two statements the way they were intended? Ever think of that? The initial response Kiper gave was for what round he believed Bennett would go in. After the combine he gave Stetson a Round 4 grade. You do realize he was speaking of different things right? So believing Stetson is a round 4 talent doesn't mean he believes he'll be taken in round 4. Players, especially quarterbacks are often drafted above their round grade as teams are desperate for them.

@UGADad20 "Based on your comments you apparently know what is happening behind the scenes at UGA"

Wow, the balls you must have on you to accuse someone else of that. Unbelievable

@UGADad20 "But a flippant comment from an uninformed poster says more about you than it does about Singletary.|

The projection is just unreal.

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

You're wasting your time arguing with UGADad20. He knows more than anyone here. He is far smarter than CKS. He is the real force behind the Dawgs. He is a true legend. If you don't believe me just ask him.