Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football standouts share why 2022 win over Oregon was crucial: ‘We had a lot to prove’

SystemSystem Posts: 11,098 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football standouts share why 2022 win over Oregon was crucial: ‘We had a lot to prove’

Georgia won a lot of games in blowout fashion last season. Just two teams played Georgia within single digits. By comparison, the Bulldogs won 10 games by at least 20 points.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If 2022 was to prove that the 15 drafted did not define the team, 2023 should be dedicated to Dev #77, to show unity.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yuh. I remember how the Dawgs were in trouble cuz Lanning "knew all about" both the offense and the defense.

Sorta like how the "experts" were all about Clemson's QB going wild on the Dawgs in 2021.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SB shredded the Oregon defense. The first of many ranked opponents. If only the guy was any good. LOL

• David1David1 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’ll take longer to make a statement like that this year since OK was taken off the schedule. It would have been special to go to their home field and obliterate them.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mitchell or Washington?

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just wish Bennett had been given a shot, against Clemson. Lol

According to an interview, with Smart....There was a group of Coaches, in the fall of 2021, that thought Bennett should start, over Daniels. They thought Bennett gave them a better chance to win against a few teams on their schedule, that Daniels didn't match up well against. Due mainly, to His lack of mobility and Bennett's superior "pocket presence".

They were both accurate as all get-out, but Bennett tipped the scale, in the QB run option. Bennett was basically, more athletic...and, as it turned out...healthier.

I don't know which Coach made the ultimate decision to go with Daniels...but, I would have to assume it was Monkin. It was reported that Monkin recruited Daniels to come to UGA...after he was hired in 2020...and before he had a chance to see what Bennett had developed into. I don't know what guarantees or promises were made to Daniels...but, I consider them fulfilled after all the opportunities he was given.

Anyway...I think Bennett would have wiped the floor with Clemson. They would not have been prepared for that kind of football. Lol...The offense definitely would have scored more than 3 points with Stetson at QB.

Daniels was the "safe bet" in 2021. In THAT game (Clemson)..."do no harm", was the "order of the day" for the QB position. Who knew...The Dawgs had brought in the Pittsburgh Steelers "Steel Curtain" Defense, for the season...Lol.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that “availability” factor became a big thing in 2021!

Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of CKS's best moves in coaching was calling SB and offering him a scholarship. Just think if he hadn't.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

He was only supposed to be an Insurance policy...in case Fromm went down. He was familiar enough with the offense from his previous stint at UGA, that Smart felt like he could distribute the ball to the playmaker better than what they had on-hand...if needed.

If Fields had not transferred, we would not be having this conversation, the Dawgs may still be looking for a Natty....and very few people, would remember his name. Funny, how things work out, when you apply 20/20 hindsight. Lol

Yep...great defense in 2021...but, points win games. Daniels scored 3 against Clemson and barely pulled out a win on a late FG against Cincy in the 2019 Sugar.

We never did get to see Daniels against a quality team with everything on the line...such as, BAMA, UF, AUB, UT or OSU. Those are the money-games...and, the teams Bennett matched-up better against. Daniels would've been fast-food for Will Anderson, in the BAMA games...not to mention the fact, that UGA would've had to commit the TE to pass blocking for added protection for Daniels. Lol