Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What makes Brock Vandagriff the most interesting Georgia football quarterback this spring

2»

Comments

• Options
    NY3TSCNY3TSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

I truly wish all three have their shot at playing. The Dawgs always seem to be a 2nd half team. Love to watch the young guys play. However, we tend to struggle getting up big in the 1st half. Costing snaps for the backup Qbs.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"well let us just say that the Gators' last 2 full time QBs were 2nd round (Kyle Trask in 2021) and 1st round (Anthony Richardson in 2023"____

Well, that should tell us all a little something about the QB Position. Florida didn't win squat while they were holding a 1st & 2nd rounder. Lol...maybe it's not the QB...or the Coach. Interesting.

BTW...I don't think we're gonna know who UGA's "starter" will be, going forward...until about the 4th or 5th game of the season. You "can't tell" much about a QB, against severely weaker opponents...and, the Dawgs have a few, to start the season.

If you "could tell" much...Bennett would have been declared "starter" and "The Second Coming", long before he ever got the job, credit and respect he deserved. Like...right after the UAB game, in 2020. 3 of UGA's 1st three opponents in 2023 couldn't beat UAB in a pillow fight. Lol

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 81 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm a Brock Vandagriff fan, He has the arm, no doubt, but the legs might be his strongest asset. He has the best attitude of them all and I believe he is working long and hard learning to read defenses. Vandergriff is a TRUE DAWG the evidence is all the recruiting help he gave during the Covid pandemic. He's a big reason Brock Bowers is a DAWG. I believe he will rise above the rest and become a two or three year starter. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looking forward to a spirited QB competition! May the best QB win! Seniority should not be considered. Hope all stay with the team. One bad play may take out Number One, and the next play can take out Number 2. They will all get a chance to lead the Dawgs to a Natty if the are patient and team members.