Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter takes center stage at Georgia football Pro Day; 3 other things to watch

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter takes center stage at Georgia football Pro Day; 3 other things to watch

ATHENS -- Georgia football All-American Jalen Carter is expected to put his skills on display for NFL teams at UGA’s annual “Pro Day” at the Payne Indoor Athletic Facility.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    stubbornthingstubbornthing Posts: 119 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, young men liking fast cars is a risk now for the draft? Come on.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UNLESS Kenny Mac runs a low 4.5 or better he will not be a 2nd rounder. Late 3 at best.

Chris Smith reminds me of Tae Crowder from a draft perspective. Often overlooked but will play at a higher level.

I wish Stetson would run 100%. Be interesting if he’s actually faster than the combine.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Good comments. If Stets puts in more effort, one would think he can do better than his combine time. Several of the talking heads seem to believe he was saving his energy for the throwing part of the drills. I tend to believe that as there were times he looked faster in real games.

And I agree with you on Kenny Mac. I’m sure hoping he can turn a much better time than at the combine. He had a look of disappointment on his face at the combine and has stated he thought he could do better. We’ll see.

I sure hope an NFL team will take a close look at his game tape and Realize his potential. In the right system he’d be a Big plus. Not many NFL teams use the same RB for every single running play these days. And a guy with good hands coming out of the backfield like he has would be very valuable !!

You know some guys tend to play better than they practice and the opposite, I wonder how much or if any thoughts go into that with NFL teams ?

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2023

@Brooksie

Kenny McIntosh has no shot at the 2nd or 3rd round. For the sake of comparison, last year Kenneth Walker II was a 2nd round draft pick after rushing for 1600 yards in 12 games and running a 4.38 40 at the combine. The Dawgnation writers hyping up the first RB since (whenever) to get "800 rushing yards and 500 receiving yards" ... the NFL doesn't care about arbitrary numbers, especially when it took 15 games in a scheme that no NFL team runs to get them. To put it another way, half the RBs in the NFL would get 500 receiving yards in 15 games if they were playing in an offense that totally jobbed the WRs - and RBs - in favor of the QB and TEs the way UGA has the past 2 seasons. Which brings me to ...

@MikeGriffith

Feel free at any time to acknowledge that Kearis Jackson exists. A reason to do it: an article that explains why the scheme created for Stetson Bennett IV harmed the NFL prospects of every UGA WR not named Ladd McConkey, which is why nearly every UGA WR not named McConkey is no longer in Athens. Of course, this is common knowledge and is likely the reason why you guys went radio silent on Jackson after he ran the 4.55.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/kearis-jackson-f5c04d25-920a-459a-accb-4156bb82b1af/

• Options

@thadec

i was responding to the author that McIntosh is not a 2nd round player. After the combine I had him late 4th. Some based on his 40 time but that is offset by his blocking and receiving skills. I agree that there are several RBS ahead of him in the draft.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" I tend to believe that as there were times he looked faster in real games."

Agree 1000%

Just see the Auburn game for proof....where he ran 64 yards, untouched, for a TD outrunning the Auburn secondary in the process!!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

@thadec "A reason to do it: an article that explains why the scheme created for Stetson Bennett IV harmed the NFL prospects of every UGA WR not named Ladd McConkey, which is why nearly every UGA WR not named McConkey is no longer in Athens. Of course, this is common knowledge and is likely the reason why you guys went radio silent on Jackson after he ran the 4.55."

Are you for real? You really think that dawgnation staff went silent on Jackson because he ran a 4.55? They probably went radio silence on him because other than a hand full of plays, Jackson has pretty much been a disappointment during his Georgia career. Yes, he has had multiple injuries which added to the mix and the perception that not only is he not an elite player, but he is injury prone. There is silence, because there is not much to talk about with Jackson. He will probably catch on a team as a free agent at best.

• Options

Someone has posted all of Stetsons pro day throws. From an untrained eye via a small screen, he looked really good on some and very average on others. I can’t imagine the pressure they are under to perform.

one of his better throws was to his brother. That was pretty cool to see.

two things really popped out for me and not sure how important, but he did not have a tight spiral on most of his throws. The 2nd was that many of the balls seemed to be late- as the receivers pulled up to wait on the ball.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Kenneth Walker who?? Which SEC team did he play for?? I don't disagree Kenny Mac bumps himself up to a mid-rounder if he does really well today, but your tendency to compare oranges to potatoes is amusing. If Kenny Mac was a feature back in either the ACC or Big Ten (where defense is an afterthought), he'd surely put up the gaudy numbers that so easily catch your eye. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, Kenny Mac's avg yds/carry was virtually the same as Walker's over the course of their college careers, yet McIntosh has half the wear-and-tear, is a tougher blocker, and far better receiver. Pro scouts aren't ****. Go Dawgs!