Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football All-American Jalen Carter strikes deal to avoid jail time, per report

SystemSystem Posts: 10,456 admin
edited March 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football All-American Jalen Carter strikes deal to avoid jail time, per report

ATHENS — Georgia football All-American Jalen Carter has reportedly struck a deal that will allow him to avoid jail time in the wake of his arrest on charges of racing and reckless driving.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NY3TSCNY3TSC Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Missing the whole rest of the story about how it's been released that jalen never left the scene, even when asked to. Nice way to keep bashing on jalen and keep trying to drag his character thru the mud. Great reporting.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How has his draft stock dropped when no one knows where he will be drafted? Almost every players draft position is speculation until Goodell names someone. Reggie Bush was a "slam dunk" to the Texans until Goodell called Mario Williams's name. Glenn Dorsey was a "slam dunk" until the Dolphins took Jake Long. Please, please, please be available at #8 for the Falcons.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The deal reveals there was no evidence of criminal wrong just **** choices made by all of the victims. I suspect that Jalen will carry Devin and Chandler in his memory for the rest of his life. I pray it will influence him to always act in a manner that honors their memory and always to be a positive influence in others life. NOW, we only have to endure a few more days/weeks of the B&M heard on the Finebaum Show by the ignorant and ill informed.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

“I think him being isolated away from us for a while, because he’s been out working out and training, it’s tough,” Smart said, asked of Carter’s psyche. “I can only imagine what he’s dealing with internally as a survivor from a tragic accident, knowing the outcome of that accident."

A survivor from a tragic accident? His actions led to this tragic ending. He's been busted before for excessive speeding. Two people are dead because of his foolishness. Chances are if he had not of been speeding in the first place it's doubtful this would have even taken place.

He left the scene of the accident and didn’t return until an hour later. He never called 911. Doesn't seem he offered any aid to his friends who were injured in the crash. The fact that Chandler died in the hospital creates very serious implications for his actions or inactions. What is with the District Attorney?

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

@kylnmeg10 - "Missing the whole rest of the story about how it's been released that jalen never left the scene, even when asked to. Nice way to keep bashing on jalen and keep trying to drag his character thru the mud. Great reporting." -kylnmeg10

Way to go. Dreaming in your own world, living your own fantasy. Just because you say something happened, doesn't make it facts. Jalen's lawyer says he never left the scene. Who knows? His lawyer is PAID to get his client the best press he can. We need additional info from a police source. So Jalen does something absolutely ridiculous (racing a drunk person) and you blame the reporter for reporting facts. Ridiculous. This is what is wrong with society, it is always someone else's fault. Do better.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

@GtheGreek - "The deal reveals there was no evidence of criminal wrong just **** choices made by all of the victims."

Last I checked, driving drunk is a CRIME. Last I checked driving 104 is a CRIME. How can there be no evidence of a crime? The road was littered with evidence. And two graves prove that as well.

• Options

What make believe story did you read that from? Look it up. Just because @MikeGriffith didn't put it on here, doesn't mean it's not true. Jalen stayed at the scene after the accident. His passenger called the police.

@truthteller

Sounds like you're dreaming in the fantasy land named AJC. AJC has always had a way to knock down UGA players. Am I saying at all it's not any of his fault, no. He shouldn't have been racing, period. But if given a $100k toy to play with, who wouldn't? It's not us that has to live with that "fantasy" as you put it. Jalen will always have to reflect on that. And it's easy to say that about the reporting. Always seem to leave out the facts that prove he done nothing besides the speeding and racing in traffic. Every other website that says something about this, puts those details in, not AJC. Might as well be TECHnation or something on here. Especially with Mike Griffith reporting.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he took the plea deal to end his legal troubles. He has a world of opportunity before him. Go get it!

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023
  • Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2023

@truthteller

Dude, find another shtick. 

You let what others think bother you WAY too much, always on the attack. 

You remind me of the barking chihuahua that just never shuts up…..the old lady that tries to tell everyone how you should act/think.

Work on you and just relax. It’s all good.

Live and let live…….and for GAWD sakes, change your handle, it makes you look even more ridiculous.

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think it's fair to categorize this as "striking a deal." He did what pretty much anyone else would do in a situation like this: plead no contest and get a fine & probation. Why? Because a fine and probation (and possible community service) is the normal penalty for the things that he was accused of doing.

• Options
    edited March 2023

And look at that, magically the rest of the story is here. 🙏

My point is this. Jalen done something pretty bad. Have I drove fast in my life, yes. Probably closer to his age. Have I been in his situation, not even close. Do I feel like the all of the lawyer talk is 100%, no. What lawyer ever tells the 100% truth? But if there is police records stating that jalen was there, why refute it? If there's no evidence other than here say about him being there, then by all means, I see how that could look like lawyer cover-up. But by no means am I just gonna accuse someone because someone else says we have to. Then we sit on here and try destroy a man's future life. And guess what, nobody on this whole site has any clue of what really happened. That's between 4 people at this time, jalen, his passenger, mcclendon and the other rider in the expedition.

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

There's no evidence that Carter was driving drunk.

Driving 104 is a traffic infraction typically punishable by fines, probation, and/or a suspended license.

Stop trying to make it out to be a bigger deal than it is. When this first came out on this very page I predicted that this would be the exact penalty Carter would get. Why? Because this is the penalty given for this infraction.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2023

Carter didn't force the other driver to make the decision to speed/race against him, that was THEIR decision. Easy to just keep driving at a safe speed, wave, and laugh at the one endangering lives, when you pass them sitting on the side of the road with a police car behind them.Thats what happens when you give a young, still learning driver, a vehicle with several hundred horsepower, and capable of speeds over 170mph.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sounds like a plea bargain. Doubt the charges would have been dropped. Also, additional charges such as felony vehicular homicide could have been made. With the Draft is coming up, and his stock sliding due to unresolved charges something had to give. Now the state can not bring additional charges against him.