Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett arrest video: Georgia team captain tells Dallas police ‘reputation ruined’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett arrest video: Georgia team captain tells Dallas police ‘reputation ruined’

ATHENS — Dallas police released body cam football of Stetson Bennett’s Jan. 31 arrest to TMZ, and it was not a good look for the Georgia football quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would do him good to lay off the sauce.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MG, You clearly can’t stand the Mailman. I hate that he did this, but I also wish you would let it go and quit scratching the scab off the wound every other week by ruminating over this “former” UGA football player. Thanks and Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, he's done as far as the draft goes. He'll be lucky to get a free agent signing after this. I know he's drunk, but the entitlement in his comments to the cops makes him look terrible.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He obviously has a problem, but hopefully he learned a lesson. I guess we’ll find out if or when he gets drafted or has to go the free agent route. I wish him the best.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t believe it would be a good look for any of us that have been in his shoes before. He hasn’t ruined his chances at all but it certainly raises maturity issues. Nothing none of us haven’t experienced and unfortunately, today’s world with the many ways of being “seen” while not at our best, can be a very judgmental place. Hoping he has learned a bit about alcohol and focuses on staying on track. Go DAWGS and wish ol’ Stetson the best.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An athlete who got drunk, from partying. Now that's a rarity. If that's the worst thing that ever happens to him, I think he might be OK. Certainly lesson learned, hopefully.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why this now, after more than 2 months? Probably would have been better to keep his mouth shut, but it was a pretty bland response from SB4.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Having watched the video I will say that it seemed the police were pretty patient and decent in dealing with SB. I don't know what the deal was with SB that morning, but he surely was abe to speak coherently, but either he was thinking not speaking to the Police was a good thing to do or he just, I don't know, was a guy who didn't know where he was, how he got there, and didn't have his phone(where was his phone)and didn't know anyone in that place to call or he wasn't voluneering it?

It did seem like if he could have provided a place where he was supposed to be or a friend /aquaintance he could have been taken to,/lived nearby/could have been called, they might have helped him on his way. But he literally gave them nothing to work with.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SB made a mistake. Hopefully, he's learned from it. I don't think it will hurt him that much, because it's a one time thing. Johnny football had a pattern of issues, which wrecked him. If SB does it again, his football playing days will probably be over, as it will be perceived as a pattern. I applaud Griffith for writing the article. Maybe more players will review this situation and learn from it.

As a side note, I was thinking how D Washington would be the steal of the draft, and I really think he will be. That is, if he can keep his personal life in check. That's the problem with all these high octane athletes - can they keep their personal life in check. Too bad Mark Richt isn't around in some capacity to introduce them to Jesus.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let it go, Mike, for you are beating a dead horse wherein the rotten carcass already stinks like he!!, and your continued beating does naught but stir up the stench - much of which is beginning to coat you to the point it seems you now have a stinking anti-Bennett bias. Let it gooooo Miiiiiiiiike!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why are people criticizing Mike? Read the story. The video was released to TMZ, the same organization that broke the news about Michael Jackson's death, Donald Trump's "grab 'em by the you-know-what" comment, and so, so many other things over the years. It doesn't say that Griffith or DawgNation obtained the video on their own. He's simply reporting what's already out there in the public domain. Lots, and lots, and lots of other people are now talking about the video, folks who are not Dawg fans. It's a bad look for Bennett and I do feel a little sorry for him, but he did himself no favors with his actions or his response to the police. And it's wrong to blame Mike Griffith or any other UGA beat writer, for reporting on this as new information or evidence is released. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You must not have paid attention to the comments made regarding other players.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really classless by Dawgnation to broadcast Stetson Bennett's arrest in Dallas. He is arguably the greatest Dawg that ever played the game in Athens. Such achievements and changes in life such as graduating with hard decision path decisions looming ahead is hard for anyone to manage. Stetson Bennett has earned the right to drink a little too much every once in awhile under such pressures. He wasn't driving. He wasn't violent. Looks like some arse stripped him of his billfold and phone. I am very disappointed what Dawgnation will evidently do to get a click. Disgusting. This seems to be the direction the nation is spiraling downward toward...