Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart updates the state of the Georgia quarterback position entering G-Day

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates the state of the Georgia quarterback position entering G-Day

As is usually the case with a Georgia football spring game, a lot of eyes will be on the quarterback position.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not an actual update ...

• Options
    87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing new here. KS is buying time and not giving out anything. We'll know the starter at game time on September 2nd.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@87Dawg_11

To be fair to CKS, it was @Kconnorriley who promised us an update. Kirby Smart has consistently stated that no starting QB announcement was going to be made before the season. He has even claimed "the competition 'may' extend several games into the season" but unless neither QB proves capable of walking while chewing gum at the same time, the starter of the TN-Martin game will be the guy. (And if neither is capable of walking/chewing gum, CKS will send feelers for transfer portal guys).

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

I think adding from the portal and the current Georgia QB room in the same sentence is quite far-fetched. Even when things looked genuinely concerning a couple of years ago, and a walk-on 4th stringer was trotted out there... and delivered two titles. Despite the lack of experience/snaps, I'm betting Smart/Bobo are very content with and confident about the current QB condition. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 830 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps, since it should be unanimously agreed that all QBs on our roster are fully capable of at a minimum walking and chewing gum... even simultaneously. :) Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think CKS has EVER been in the habit, of announcing the starting QB prior to the first game. He generally let's the competition play-out.

He may have stated it outright during Fromm's playing days...and, he hinted at it, with Daniels at the 2021 "SEC Media Days". But, I don't think you're ever going to hear Smart come out and say, "__?__ is going to be our starting QB, this season.". At least...not again.

If you are going to tout competition...and, only "the best" take the field, at UGA...you can't put a period on the competition. In Kirby's eyes...the competition for playing time, NEVER ENDS. That's something of sports fans hear a lot...but, rarely actually see. To most people, it's recruiting hyperbole...but, at UGA, it's reality.

And...I still think Stockton may be "The Man". I can't wait to see how much he's improved over the last year. Go Dawgs! See ya, Saturday. Lol