Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart explains how Georgia offense will be similar with Mike Bobo taking over for Todd Monken

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart explains how Georgia offense will be similar with Mike Bobo taking over for Todd Monken

Usually, when someone brings up apples and oranges in comparison, it’s to show how the two aren’t really comparable.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m not worried about Bobo calling similar plays. I’m certain he will. What I’m concerned about is maintaining the effectiveness of the “sugar huddle” (or muddle huddle) which Monken used brilliantly.

TCU was confused as heck just as Georgia snapped the ball. The play call looks good largely because the defense was confused. TCU was the best example, but it worked in all games.

It’s crucial that Bobo recognizes the importance of this and continues it.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's go back to picking the 2 best at each position and using them. I think we can get better wrs and rbs that way similar to Alabama (rbs and wrs) and Ohio State (wrs). The rotation of 3 and 4 guys for these skill guys keeps their numbers down and then we end up with a platoon of above average dudes with low NFL draft aspirations. If we truly want the best of the best in the wr and rb room we need to have some good stats for these guys so they know they will get the best NFL draft round.

Now we had a unique situation these last 2 years because first we had a generational defense and secondly we had the best OC coordinator and most unique set of TEs we will ever have. Monken is gone and so is Washington and now we will have to go back to a more traditional pro setup. So what should we do in addition to winning.

My desire for this year is to feed our best 3 players on offense first. Brock Bowers, Branson Robinson and Lovett. Then feed the next set (Jacksaint, Daijun, Ladd). After that do not worry about it. Let's get some of these guys some NFL stats and then I think we will be able to attract better talent. I'm tired of seeing Alabama get the 5 star rbs and Ohio State getting the 5 star wrs. There is no reason to continue to platoon these positions.

This is the year where we can get big numbers and help our cause without jeopardizing anything. We should do it. It will pay dividends in the future.