Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia teammates share honest thoughts on Bear Alexander, what comes next for defensive line

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia teammates share honest thoughts on Bear Alexander, what comes next for defensive line

ATHENS — Zion Logue did not want to answer the question. The Georgia defensive tackle made it clear he did not want to talk about Bear Alexander, instead focusing on the defensive linemen still with Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish him well, but this defection stings. He may do well elsewhere, but he was set up to be great here and have a shot at history.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah this feels like a big payday elsewhere. I still feel like Texas is the team to beat. Probably gonna have some Twitter statement about going back home if he does. And no offense to students who do that, but how much of that is 100% true? If he transfers to a school with not so deep pockets, I can see it. But with NIL ruling college football, and no real limit on how much money can be given, this is the world they created. Kirby said it best, "greener" pastures. And like it's been commented before. Shows how selfish he truly is, announcing that right before the game. He could've waited a couple hours and then put his name in.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Riley and Sark are probably the best tamperers of the NIL era to date.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you can't develop DT's as well as Georgia (nobody does) maybe the next best thing is to buy a player that has already been developed by the best in the business. I wish the very best for Alexander, but I think this is a decision that he will regret when his draft day arrives.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm no expert, but I doubt playing time is his concern.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

Coach says it a lot. Some players accept coaching very well. Which leads me to believe that some do not. Mimms was there last year and even visited FSU. Then came back. I don’t see him returning. the big baby will be better than the bear!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jordan Hall sure did look good yesterday. Put on some pressure and deflected two passes. Bear was good but Hall has more promise.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wasn't watching Hall that closely but it is ok to have more than 1 superstar on the DL. I was pretty excited to have both Bear and Hall together for 2 years. Oh well, I am hoping one of the other guys we haven't heard much from really makes a leap this year. Maybe Jefferson or Christian. I also would like to see Stack or Logue become that superstar but you would think by now we would have seen it and there is a reason no one outside of the program is talking about them? Not sure but their time is now or never. Let's hope it is now.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty misleading headline.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, a USC tailback just entered the portal. Just sayin' ...