Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterbacks discuss offensive coordinator Mike Bobo after G-Day showing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,668 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterbacks discuss offensive coordinator Mike Bobo after G-Day showing

ATHENS — Saturday’s spring game had Mike Bobo back in a familiar role. It was his first chance to show what he could do as the team’s offensive coordinator, as he took over for Todd Monken this offseason.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The primary question is whether BV will stick around and continue to work under Bobo. I would like to be wrong, but I’m thinking BV is heading somewhere else. Hope not, but….

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 696 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that would be too bad. After G-Day, Brock was asked whether he'd enter the portal, and answered, "my plans, for now, are to just take it day by day.”

I hadn't read that at Dawgnation but just saw it on On.3.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to tell a guy who can be a starter somewhere else (think Auburn, maybe Alabama) to stick around and wait potentially 2 more years and then only have 1 year to start before running out of eligibility.

Injuries can happen and he could move into the starter position but that isn't a great plan. He gets his degree at end of summer so he could transfer then. Girlfriend goes to Samford so Auburn looks good there but word on the street is Saban may grab him after he gets his degree.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2023

I don;'t think he'd go to an SEC school and lose a year of eligibility, or are you guys saying that rule becomes null if they are a grad transfer?

Also, its impressive that Brock is already about to graduate and Stetson took 5 or 6 years to.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Graduates don’t have any restrictions on where they go or when they can play. Once he graduates, it is just like he is starting over (minus his 2 years he has already burned) with another school. I really like him and hate to see it but it makes perfect sense for him. Would really hate to see him at either Bama or Auburn; heck, actually any SEC school. He may come back and haunt UGA, but if Beck is the guy, then that is how it plays out.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe I’m totally wrong, sure wouldn’t be the first time. But I’m not so sure BVG will leave, Even if Beck gets the call.

I know the circumstances were quite a bit different, but I remember where quite a few Dawgs fans thought Beck would leave at one point in the past. I’ll fess up and say I was in that number. So glad I was wrong.

And I could sure be wrong yet again, but I honestly think BVG might decide to stay with UGA even if Beck wins the starting job.

God Forbid, and I stress that, that Any of our QBs get seriously injured, but if Beck does get the call and it looks like he will, should he get injured, then more than apt BVG is in there.

Even if it’s a situation where Beck is only out say two games, it would give BVG an opportunity to upstage him. I’m for ALL of our QBs by the way. They are All my favorites !! I hope all three will elect to stay, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Am I the only one......getting sick and tired of hearing about BV and a possible Transfer???? I'm very confident and to this point in time, that The Vandagriffs raised a son to be a winner. Brock is definitely on the fast track to becoming a DGD and will be a first round DP. He is the pride of PACS and Bogart, GA.....not to mention he is receiving the best instruction and development a college QB could ever receive. I'm telling anyone that will listen....Brock will see quality playing time this season and will be in line to be QB #1 in 24 as I;m confidant that Carson will be a first rounder in next year's NFL draft.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bobo is THE MAN......Saturday's game was well scripted with just a hint of the creativity in play calling we will see in 23.....it seems we definitely have the speed and quickness to pull off the reverse/flea flicker......and the jet sweep with Arian.....out running his blockers gave me the idea.....Arian plants a foot, stops on a dime and passes to Bowers who pulled off blocking as Arian ran by??? Maybe, Maybe not, I only played in backyards and HS.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

Ya know....since you brought it up...does that sound right to you?

"Bennett took 5 to 6 years, to graduate?"

Unless he took a light course load over his 1st few years, I'm pretty sure, that's not even possible. He couldn't have been flunking anything....otherwise, he would have lost his NCAA eligibility.

I've gotta say it, cause I know it to be true....Education in most of these South Georgia school districts, like the one Bennett attended, lags behind their North Georgia and bigger counterparts by a year...or, two, in some cases.. In fact, you can go from one school district to another, in a neighboring County and find you are either way behind...or way ahead.

There's not a snow ball's chance in hell, that Bennett is not smart and capable. Otherwise...he most definitely would not have been quarterback for the most successful College Football Team in the Country over the last 3 years...much less, graduate from the 3rd highest rated academic College in the SEC.

I've asked the following question a number of times...and haven't gotten an answer, yet....

GIVEN: Bennett graduated High School when he was 19 years old. He turned 20 five months later, in his Freshman year at UGA.

GIVEN: The typical age of a high school graduate student/athlete is 17 yrs old

Why did Bennett graduate High School 2 years later than his peers?

Was he held back? Did he get a late start? Did he miss going to school for a year or two? What's the story? Lol

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson was born at the end of October. His parents could have started him a year late. Lots of parents do that, although end of October is usually outside the cut off for doing it.

And if we're looking to give him the benefit of the doubt, yes, he could have taken a light course load, he could have switched majors, or he could have done something dumb like I did and not taken the **** foreign language requirements seriously and spent his entire last year in Athens taking French. 🤣

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

🤣🤣🤣...ain't that the truth.

I'm not sure, cause I didn't go that route...but, if he was in pre-law...from what I understand...that's almost as grueling as pre-med. And, if I'm not mistaken, that's what he said his intentions were a few of years ago. He may have changed his mind.

Also...if Bennett started 1 year later, he would've been 18 at graduation and 19 in October of that same year. Not 19 and 20, respectively. Even then...he would've been older than the majority of his peers.

Supposedly, I started a year later than I could've...and, I was 17 when I graduate HS...and turned 18 a couple of months later. That timeline applied to all of my peers, too...with the obvious exceptions.

I know, it really doesn't matter, much. But, everytime I hear em talking about HIS age and NOT some of the other "25 yr old QBs"...like Hendon Hooker...and NOT adding the "unusual time-line" context...I get a little perturbed.

Sports Media figures have made a bigger deal about Bennett's age, than his performance. Hell...Chris Weinke won the Heisman at what...27 or 28 yrs old. They didn't make half "the deal" out of that, that they're making out of Bennett turning 25. Lol...it's the uneven and biased media coverage, that bothers me most.

Go to ESPN's CFB Website on any given day, and you'll find it splashed with stock photos of BAMA, Clemson, OSU, Michigan, USC....and whichever "Group of Five" darling they decide to get behind politically, this year. What you won't find, is an abundance of UGA Bulldog photos or articles...unless there's something negative to report.

If BAMA or OSU had won the last 2 Natty's....ESPN would be wearing their colors and waving their pennants. That effects recruiting and it's like giving them several million dollars in free advertising. Lol

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, I think part of it was his late birthday and part was he transferred out and then back in. He may have switched majors. Who knows? He got his degree and that is what matters. I definitely think a college degree helps most people but there are a lot of college degrees that are completely useless to. Half the kids nowadays should go get a technical skill and skip college. The price is ridiculous and it just a waste of their parents money in many cases.

Stetson will be fine and I'm sure that college degree will be the difference for him.