Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgs’ G-Day game proved to be a tale of two differing halves

SystemSystem Posts: 11,046 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageDawgs’ G-Day game proved to be a tale of two differing halves

Spring intrasquad college football games are give-and-take affairs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillKingBillKing Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

Remember, I’d like to know what you thought about the G-Day game, and your thoughts on the coming season. Also, feel free to ask questions — or share your views on anything related to UGA athletics — by emailing me at junkyardblawg@gmail.com.

• bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was excited to see the collaring ceremony in person. Boom was fired up! It's good to see him bring the energy. I'm sure some of that is puppy enthusiasm (and hopefully not crowd anxiety) and that we get to see a smaller portion of that energy as he matures and into the coming seasons. I know Que was elderly but he seemed to for most of his reign be laid back.

However, I was disappointed in the lack of a DGD (**** Good Dawg!) chant or any chant for our new mascot. Yes, there were cheers and applause and a few yells in my section of DGD but, I was really hoping for something more special. Any thoughts on why not? I thought it was a known tradition.

I agree with your football analysis. Beck looks good as did the others you highlighted. I would also mention Aguero on defense; he seemed to be in on a number of plays. And we're going to have two Robinsons in the backfield (not all at once necessarily), it appears, with B and R both contributing I would expect.