Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia linebacker Rian Davis announces transfer to UCF

SystemSystem Posts: 10,476 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia linebacker Rian Davis announces transfer to UCF

One week after first entering the transfer portal, former Georgia linebacker Rian Davis has found a new home. The former Bulldog announced he would be playing for UCF and former Auburn coach Gus Malzahn.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JTM22JTM22 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Go put up numbers and see if the league comes calling! No animosity here.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2023

When you add in Jalon Walker, UGA has 8 ILB's for 2 positions. All these guys are ST core players. Walker may get snaps at OLB due to his versatility. Sorey played well in the Spring game. Seems like a log jam that may see some attrition.

One of UGA's highest rated '24 commits is ILB Riddick who is being pursued hard by AL. Two of the top 5 state of GA recruits for '24 are 5* ILB's Myles Graham (FU commit) and Sammy Brown (Clemson lean). Both rated higher than Riddick. Clemson once again expecting to feast on State of GA players including 5* WR Mike Mathews (Parkview).

'24 is a banner year for State of GA players. So far very few are being forecasted to be committing to UGA.

Watched the AL spring game. Justice Haynes had 3 TD's and Caleb Downs is starting at S.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe word on the street was the BAMA spring game exposed a weak offense. I don't know, I didn't see it. Especially at the QB position.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck at UCF Mr. Davis.GoDAWGS!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

reddawg, that's what I saw, absolutely no where close to a Saban expectation....looks to me their offense will initially be run based giving whoever rises to the challenge at QB to become elite or maybe a TP QB will come to save the Tide. I fully understand why Justice Haynes spurned the DAWGS invitations and picked Bama.....he is a "ME" player as opposed to a TEAM player.....I wish him well and a long injury free tenure....though he will realize he made a poor decision.

Despite Malzahn, I'm now a UCF fan because of Rian Davis will be the baddest Knightro with a Bad Dawg attitude!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since you brought it up I'll share what I saw. I watched just about the whole game. AL QB's taking a lot of heat from the press. I didn't see it. Milroe is an absolute threat with his running ability. He will be very hard to defend. His passing looked adequate with room for improvement. He ran with the 1's mostly. Simpson looked like a better passer but no threat to run. Reminded me a lot of Mac Jones. #3 Holstein looked very weak armed but still made some nice throws.

The OL's (1 & 2) seemed to be having trouble pass protecting. Either AL's DL is really good or the OL still has a lot of work to do. FYI, I did not see #1 pass rusher Dallas Turner in the game at all.

Interestingly, they flashed a graphic of the AL WR's that showed something like 20 WR's. Not exaggerating. Jermaine Burton was listed 4th or 5th on that list and was running with the 2's. He dropped 2 passes but had a nice long reception when the QB (Simpson?) hit him in stride. Isaiah Bond (Buford) also dropped 2 passes.

Caleb Downs was running w/the 1's and had an INT in the end zone on a Hail Mary. Justice Haynes looks like the best weapon on the AL O. 2 TD's running and 1 receiving.

IDK but AL just seems to have lost their air of invincibility.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully, he can get them another national championship trophy to go with the one from 2017.