Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: The draft record for Kirby Smart’s recruiting classes is now on the mountaintop

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football: The draft record for Kirby Smart’s recruiting classes is now on the mountaintop

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep takes a good look at the NFL draft record for Kirby Smart’s classes in Athens. We’ve now seen 44 players develop at UGA into a selection in the NFL Draft. That figure is just after his first five classes with the Bulldogs. For clarification, we used the 247Sports Composite rankings for this research.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s great being a Dawg and it’s even greater knowing you have the best coach in the country and he’s only 47. And we’re not giving up the mountain top

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now THIS is a great writeup... I can't believe all that content in ONE article! I will spend a long time rereading and digesting. Also, this seems like the basis for a continued set of analyses every post-season, and I can't wait to see if there is a future comparison vs legacy results at other top programs like Bama, Clemson, tOSU, etc. Many thanks, Jeff!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a thought.....given the DAWGS increasing success at placing player in the NFL, I'm wondering why a 5 star once offered would flip to a lesser school? I believe that despite having 5 star talent that player lacks the most important characteristics, internal commitment to be developed positionaly, the maturity to surrender self to become part of a TEAM, and the tenacity to never give up on your dream despite injury or loss.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

King Kirby, nobody does it better.

• Options
    DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Roquan Smith isn't listed... 2018 1st rnd 8th overall pick to Chicago if I'm not mistaken...