Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football ranked No. 1 in ESPN’s post-spring power rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 10,551 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football ranked No. 1 in ESPN’s post-spring power rankings

Spring practice across the country is complete. The transfer portal has closed. And per ESPN’s Mark Schlabach, the Georgia Bulldogs are still on top.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

While I would never count out Alabama, it is refreshing to see the dawgs getting much deserved time in the spotlight and becoming the standard of college football. As an added bonus, the fact that other teams are also ranked higher in the power rankings over the Tide makes the whole deal even better! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another clear case of ESPN bias. How dare they rank UGA at #1 and THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY at #5. This has Herbstreit written all over it. So called professional "pundits"

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would like to see a UGA vs USC tilt.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN has such a pro-Bama bias they will resort to anything to help Saban - things like giving him this bulletin board material by ranking Bama so low, lol. This will be posted in Bama's locker rooms. You do know their fans are seething. All is well in the world. 2023-peat!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen Brother!......"One of those players to be added to Lincoln Riley’s roster was defensive tackle Bear Alexander.

He entered the transfer portal just before Georgia’s spring game. While the loss of Alexander is no doubt a blow to the defensive line, Kirby Smart is still very confident in what he has in that group."......"A blow????, you're kidding?? Our D-Line is now consolidated as a TEAM! Absent of disruptive players thinking their not getting the snaps they deserve. First, I am long tired of hearing about the "ME" player. I'm extremely happy he went to a "ME FIRST" team like USC......I'd love to see a match up but I'm afraid by the end of the season ole Bear will be riding the IR bench.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I couldn't agree more. Even though it is disturbing to hear about a player like that (if true, if true) I am glad that the team is now a D*MN TEAM! I worry about super high profile guys buying in to waiting their turn so inevitably you will lose guys from time to time.

Championships and NFL is what we are selling. Prima donnas will never make it here. Love what Kirby has built.