Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dominick Blaylock announces transfer destination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageDominick Blaylock announces transfer destination

Former Georgia wide receiver Dominick Blaylock has found a new home, as he will transfer to Georgia Tech. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you still be thought of as a DGD if you transfer to Tech?

Good for him, though. I hope he keeps getting his speed and agility back, and catches 10 passes his first 11 games at Tech.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blaylock is a DGD with lots of talent.

I wish him well except when we play the Nerds.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blaylock went from UGA Big Dawg WR to transfer portal, etc.......the penalty of injuries.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Read he is graduating this month with his degree from UGA- always a Dawg. GT makes sense as he is at home in ATL.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until his injuries, I thought he was better than Pickens. I wish he could have went somewhere better than tacky tech. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best of luck to him without that injury. I believe he would have been in the NFL already.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2023

@Brooksie

Thank you for that. You are a man of quality.

You know, this may actually work out for Blaylock football-wise. Tech hit the transfer portal and brought in Haynes King from Texas A&M to play QB. He wasn't the only one. Tech brought in 9 guys from the portal on offense: 4 WRs, 2 TEs, a QB, an OL and an RB. King isn't a stretch-the-field QB with his arm strength, and that fits Blaylock's game, who even before the injuries was never a vertical WR.

Of course, were Tech taking the whole pigskin thing seriously it would have been the reverse: grabbing 4 OLs and 1 WR from the portal instead of having all those guys out on the edge with no one to block for them. Typical ACC ball. (Except for FSU, Miami and Clemson when they are good.) But oh well, so long as King gets rid of the ball to Blaylock quickly, Tech's problems winning big games won't be Blaylock's problem putting up numbers.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish Dom Blaylock the very best on and off the field, of course with the exception of when our Dawgs play them. Sure wish things would’ve went different for him at UGA.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's talented. He has to get his confidence back, but hopefully he can do that and excel at Tech. Two Natties, a degree and a lot of great highlights--not too shabby for his time in Athens! And Thadec...never say never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLBATTO7sVM

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah. I love his talent. I just wish it wasn't tech...

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

A strong GT is good for UGA. They look to be bringing in some good players - like Dom - and I hope they have the right staff. And, I would have liked to see the SEC add GT (and Clemson, FSU) instead of the Mizzou, OK, TX, A&M. Or, at least trade Vandy to the ACC for GT.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Oldddawg76

I know Tech is a rival to the nation that bleeds red and black and I understand. But I have been saying this for years, decades even:

1. Tech is no threat to UGA when UGA is good. Neither on the football field or in recruiting. There are reasons for this that I won't get into.
    2. Tech being their best helps UGA by weakening rival programs that are a threat to UGA.

Take a look at the teams from the southeast that won national titles the last 25 years (other than UGA): FSU, Florida, Miami, Tennessee, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn. All of them but Miami and arguably Florida needed key players from Georgia that probably would have gone to Georgia Tech instead if the wasps were winning 10 games a year and sending players to the NFL. Some examples.

FSU: Charlie Ward actually would have gone to Georgia Tech had it not been for grades.

Clemson: Deshaun Watson. (And if he doesn't win a title and become a 1st round pick at Clemson where does Trevor Lawrence go? Does he follow Fromm to UGA instead?)

Auburn: Cam Newton (either directly out of high school or after he got kicked out of Florida)

Alabama: not as obvious but lots of their key backups and role players over the years - Kenyan Drake for example - would have started at Tech.

Florida: see Alabama.

Tech would take a lot of good players off teams capable of building rosters that can beat a good UGA team and put them on a roster that can't. Think about it.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 929 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have always been a fan of Dom and I wish him well but I know ole Leonard Postoasties is doin cartwheels in his grave at the news that Dom is tradin in his well earned DGD status to become a Humble Bumble at the North Avenue Trade School....Oh well, this new generation is full of mysteries....."Get me out of Percy!"

• Options
    saldivensaldiven Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

No problem with this. He has his undergraduate degree and two championship rings. I can understand someone looking to set himself up for a career after football, whether he ends up in the NFL or not. I couldn't argue that UGA is a better place to study IT at the graduate level than GATech.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best wishes, Dom! DGD!