Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Column: Dylan Raiola commitment more evidence of Georgia’s place atop college football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageColumn: Dylan Raiola commitment more evidence of Georgia’s place atop college football

ATHENS — It was another day at the office for Georgia football on Monday when the Bulldogs landed a commitment from the No. 1-ranked player in the 2024 Class, Dylan Raiola.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If current pledges "hold pat"...and Raiola actually follows through, and "signs"...Lol....good lord, is all I can say.

Kirby Smart has created a monster Football Program, that is in position to surpass, ALL that came before it. The gap between UGA Football...and everybody else...has gotten wider and wider.

To the point, that....I don't think there's a single Football Program...since the rule changes "limiting the number of scholarship players" & "allowing Freshmen to play"...that approaches the "wide gulf" UGA has created between itself and the competition.....on as consistent and solid, of a foundation.

The Riaola signing would ensure a new crop of elite recruits, for years to come. He may never play a down for UGA, but, getting him, would be like a "Call to Arms" for all like-minded Championship Caliber players, currently in high school.

The writing is on the wall....Saban's OUT...Kirby's IN. The kids are hearing the old "Bear Bryant" horror stories, when discussing Saban, now.

"I hear he's gonna be retiring soon". "I hear he's DONE. Word is, he just sits in a tower, the whole practice, on a phone or bullhorn". "His assistants run the team, now. And, they're not that good anymore". "I heard from a guy being recruited hard by Auburn, that...they're just waiting for The Bear to quit, so they can rebuild. But, who knows, who the next guy'll be".

That doesn't mean Saban won't get players...he will. It means that, now Bama gets Kirby's "hand-me-downs"...and, not the other way around, like it has been. Question is...does Saban still have what it takes...to coach-up a group of "2nd tier elites", to be become Champions and among the "elite". The same way he used to do it...and the way Kirby does it, now? I don't think he's still, that hungry. We'll find out...soon.

Remind me again....which team is expected to "run the table", and compete for another Natty? And...why? Lol

Go Dawgs!!