Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Which game might be a threat to another undefeated Dawgs season?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhich game might be a threat to another undefeated Dawgs season?

What do you see as the most dangerous game on the Dawgs’ schedule this fall?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's got to be @ AU. New coach, new wrinkles. 5th game of the year. Our first tough road environment. The history, at least the history prior to the last 20 years, says it should be tough. That's the game that worries me the most.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is only one concerning game. It's the next game we play. Always just the next game.

That said, Kirby has said we're not practicing to beat any team we're practicing to beat every team. I assume that applies to every season's team, not just last season's.

I'm of the opinion we will have tough times this season. We did last season. The 2022 South Carolina team looked much better as their season progressed. They learned a lot in their loss to the Dawgs.

However much we're favored in May doesn't mean jack. Not a single game has been played. I expect a prepared Georgia team - a deep and talented bunch of players, a strong coaching staff, the culture Kirby's created - ready to play as hard as they practice, eager to win, hungry.

Should we assume going into late spring that we are all that much better than teams very likely to beat us unless we prove to them they can't.

We should assume nothing.

This is the Golden Age of Dawg Football in my opinion, but let's not forget how we got here, how hard the game is, how the ball bounces funny, how much other teams want to beat us.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd normally say whatever game comes after going to Neyland will be dangerous because some of our guys might get injured on their rocky-top-style field. But then you have to consider that with our depth, the two-depth and three-depth almost every position will play just fine. Plus, it's against Tech.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point is the season worrying about who we got on the schedule months in advance is like worrying about who we will possible play in the playoffs. Remember it took David only one sling of the stone that was timely placed and Goliath was history. Everybody will be giving us their best shot. One game at a time. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think playing at Auburn will be a big test for a new QB, particularly if Freeze and Co are unbeaten. It will be a harbinger of the later test in Knoxville.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As usual another great article Bill !! Thank You !! Just repeating but believing what’s already been said.

But if this extremely talented bunch of Dawgs continue to practice harder than the real games, and stay humble, keep eating off the floor, continue seeing each other as brothers bonded together, all eyes on the prize. Then they will go undefeated.

I Do think there will be the usual nail biting, hair pulling moments, but in the end our Dawgs will prevail. I don’t consider myself arrogant about our Dawgs, just very confident.

Our Dawgs Will absolutely be challenged by some very good and very hungry teams, but I Believe Kirby and staff have set the tone for UGA. From Kirby all the way to the towel boy, Everyone knows this is a chance to make Epic History by doing a 3peat !! Nothing will be taken lightly !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed!

We can't win three without having won the first two....and we've done that.

I don't expect any difference in the way the young men will be coached by Coach Kirby and his staff.....keeping the main thing the main thing and looking only to the next game.

I really like our chances the way the season plays out...there will be some tough times but I like the winning, bonding culture of our team!

Go dawgs!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Walking on the field won't win these games for us. We still have to come to play every Saturday on game day. UT is definitely a threat and they are going to be out for revenge and to prove a point. The Mizzou game was both a turning point and an example of how things can go wrong against even what should be an overmatched opponent. Heck, we've still got guys who haven't learned from the horrific tragedy on Jan. 15th.

There's a lot to be excited about but life and football can humble anyone very fast. That said, it's interesting to hear what folks think about our biggest challenges and challengers.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am not sure who will be our toughest game. No one really thought Tennessee was going to be all that last year and then next thing you know it is for all the marbles.

That being said it is a long season and by November injuries can take their toll. Tennessee will have already had a 4 game gauntlet of S.Carolina, A&M, Alabama, and Kentucky which they probably lose 1 and maybe 2. Then they have the trap game of @Missouri before us. So they could very well come into the game with 2 or 3 losses and the game doesn't decide the East.

As far as the game itself, I do get concerned about the 17 penalties called last year on Alabama and the non-calls such as the non call roughing the pass/targeting against Bryce Young that imo decided the game. It felt too one-sided with the refs last year. So, not a fan of anything Orange and if you get off to a slow start it could be a loss. Other than that we have to really look at underperforming to see a loss anywhere else. I think our defense will be humming by Tennessee and I don't see us losing regardless.

Now as far as the SECCG I expect LSU to be there and to be a handful but once again we should have a superior defense and an equally capable or better offense so we will have to play poorly to lose.

No one in the playoff scares me right now. Michigan has the wrong type of offense to beat us. OSU loses Stroud and whoever replaces him will not be as good. Once again our defense should be better this year and we should win it all.